Ben Smith

Aug 16, 2008
Warrensburg,Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone! Hope everyone is Enjoying their Memorial day weekend!
Especially my fellow Veterans and Service members! (I retired from the Navy in October of 2006, as a First Class Petty Officer)
As the title states, 1st Honorable mention:
A couple of weeks ago, I was driving home from work, I just happened to have my detector with me at the time.
My Wife’s Ex calls me, says an employee of his was doing yard clean up, and lost his wedding band.
I told him to give me the directions to his place, and once I got there, he explained the situation and I asked where they were working, and he pointed out two specific areas.
After ten minutes of searching, I found I was getting mixed signals on the detector ( I was close to a chain link fence) my Vanquish kept reading a strong 30-35 reading and it showed a very shallow depth, I told him it should be right on the surface, after brushing away some leaves, I could see the faint rim of the ring. His facial expression was worth a million bucks all alone by itself. He must have thanked me a dozen times, even offering to pay me, I told him that find
Paid for my detector, that was all I needed . And I apologize for no picture,(most folks would say “no picture, didn’t happen”) but I can assure you it certainly did. Now, if I have that kind of luck in Curacao in July…….
Enjoy your Weekend!
Ben Smith

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sir are a special type person to do that THANK YOU !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread