What's new

Hookah Dive System Pays Off Golden

minton7

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
981
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I recently purchased a Hookah Dive System and a White's Surf Pi Pro with a weighted coil from the proceedes of coin roll hunting from Jan.-July. The wife reluctently allowed me to do this, but said that whatever I found had to be sold to buy her a king sized bed. I readily agreed, thinking I would never find much to sell. I started off by heading to the local swimming holes. I have now found 8 gold rings(pix of which will come as I get clear ones) but the nicest find by far is this Wedding Set I found about an inch apart. I was out about waist deep, and off to the edge of the swimming area, kinda in the muck. Turns out I scooped up a 3/8 kt princess cut diamond ring. The ring is 14kt yellow gold, as is the wedding band its self. The band is marked benchmark. The jeweler says $500-$600 for the set. Paid for my new detector with one find. I will be submitting this to White's soon also. There are still ALOT of nice rings and jewelry to be found in the swimming holes! I have also found several sterling items and over 300 coins... all clad... Wait till you guys see the other things I have pulled.... Would this be banner worthy? I sure hope so!
 

Attachments

  • ring1.webp
    ring1.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,710
  • ring2.webp
    ring2.webp
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,678
  • ring3.webp
    ring3.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,671
Upvote 0
You can pick up Hookahs at Keene mining supply or Alaska Mining.
 
Thats one hunk of a ring!
 
Gilligan said:
minton7 said:
I recently purchased a Hookah Dive System and a White's Surf Pi Pro with a weighted coil from the proceedes of coin roll hunting from Jan.-July. The wife reluctently allowed me to do this, but said that whatever I found had to be sold to buy her a king sized bed. I readily agreed, thinking I would never find much to sell. I started off by heading to the local swimming holes. I have now found 8 gold rings(pix of which will come as I get clear ones) but the nicest find by far is this Wedding Set I found about an inch apart. I was out about waist deep, and off to the edge of the swimming area, kinda in the muck. Turns out I scooped up a 3/8 kt princess cut diamond ring. The ring is 14kt yellow gold, as is the wedding band its self. The band is marked benchmark. The jeweler says $500-$600 for the set. Paid for my new detector with one find. I will be submitting this to White's soon also. There are still ALOT of nice rings and jewelry to be found in the swimming holes! I have also found several sterling items and over 300 coins... all clad... Wait till you guys see the other things I have pulled.... Would this be banner worthy? I sure hope so!


Did your wife get her bed? Sounds like some of the deals I have had to make with my wife ;D Also, where did you buy your Hookah System and about how much did it cost? Thanks

she would be out before I sold any of my finds.... It would be like me telling her to sell the horses..
 
The Hookah System was bought for $905.00 plus $100.00 shipping.... I get a dealer discount though from my White's regional supplier as I sell for them. The system its self came from California from Keene engineering. It is a 1 man low pressure system with a 20' hose. It can be made into a 2 man system just by buying another hose/regulator and a t valve.

I am sorry for the poor quality photos. We have a decent camera, just don't know how to use it really. Even though the pix are grainy, you can still see the ring just fine. I know that selling the ring isn't a popular decision with some, but my wife will not wear things I dig up.... absolutely refuses... so if I didnt sell it, it would just sit in my display case. As for buying her the new bed... she is over 6' tall and her feet half hang over our current bed.. a king size would let her sleep way better. Love helps one put others before themself..... if I keep making great finds, I wont have to sell everything to get it for her though... am going to get the diamond graded etc very soon also
 
Good for you thats what it is all about.Its not like it has historical significance,and what is it to point at in a display case and say "That is a valuable ring!!!"
 
Hookah diving is awesome. WTG that is a great find. :headbang:
 
minton7 said:
The Hookah System was bought for $905.00 plus $100.00 shipping.... I get a dealer discount though from my White's regional supplier as I sell for them. The system its self came from California from Keene engineering. It is a 1 man low pressure system with a 20' hose. It can be made into a 2 man system just by buying another hose/regulator and a t valve.

I am sorry for the poor quality photos. We have a decent camera, just don't know how to use it really. Even though the pix are grainy, you can still see the ring just fine. I know that selling the ring isn't a popular decision with some, but my wife will not wear things I dig up.... absolutely refuses... so if I didnt sell it, it would just sit in my display case. As for buying her the new bed... she is over 6' tall and her feet half hang over our current bed.. a king size would let her sleep way better. Love helps one put others before themself..... if I keep making great finds, I wont have to sell everything to get it for her though... am going to get the diamond graded etc very soon also

Thanks for the info. It is a dream for me to get one. Unfortunately, where I live, there are few places to use one and the water is brown with no visibility in the places that are available to go. Some day perhaps.
 
Well did u buy her the bed? It's such a great hobby isn't it Good luck on your next hunt :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom