What's new

Hookah Dive System Pays Off Golden

minton7

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
981
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I recently purchased a Hookah Dive System and a White's Surf Pi Pro with a weighted coil from the proceedes of coin roll hunting from Jan.-July. The wife reluctently allowed me to do this, but said that whatever I found had to be sold to buy her a king sized bed. I readily agreed, thinking I would never find much to sell. I started off by heading to the local swimming holes. I have now found 8 gold rings(pix of which will come as I get clear ones) but the nicest find by far is this Wedding Set I found about an inch apart. I was out about waist deep, and off to the edge of the swimming area, kinda in the muck. Turns out I scooped up a 3/8 kt princess cut diamond ring. The ring is 14kt yellow gold, as is the wedding band its self. The band is marked benchmark. The jeweler says $500-$600 for the set. Paid for my new detector with one find. I will be submitting this to White's soon also. There are still ALOT of nice rings and jewelry to be found in the swimming holes! I have also found several sterling items and over 300 coins... all clad... Wait till you guys see the other things I have pulled.... Would this be banner worthy? I sure hope so!
 

Attachments

  • ring1.webp
    ring1.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,710
  • ring2.webp
    ring2.webp
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,678
  • ring3.webp
    ring3.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,671
Upvote 0
Hi, :hello:

What the heck is a "Hookah Dive System and a White's Surf Pi Pro with a weighted coil " :icon_scratch: Please show me a picture or a link where I can look at these things or describe what they are? ??? Nice ring, :o as far as banner goes. :dontknow: You likely won't get on but I have seen worse rings make banner and better rings not make banner. I think allot depends of the pictures and quality of the post not just the find. A 14k ring with a Half a carat or less stone most likely won't make banner but. :dontknow: Who cares about that?? It's what you find, and that's a nice find.

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D :D
 
The Hookah is a diving system, kinda like scuba, minus the tanks. It is basically a briggs and stratton 3 3/6 hp motor, attached to a air compressor via a belt. This pumps the diver down continuous air via hose and regulator. No scuba tanks or scuba cert. needed. Runs 4 hours or so on a tank of gasoline. The surf pi is a white's model.... you can google either the machine or dive system to find out more info.
 
Awesome gold finds, I know you worked for it, water detecting is slow motion, LOL! The Hookah system, is that just a dive mask and snorkel? You might consider having the gold melted down and made into something wifey likes, would be worth more bonus points with the wife than selling it as scrap gold. I have a Goldsmith just down the street from me, had a few gold rings (14K/585) melted down and made my wife a nice pair of earrings and a finger ring with diamonds and sapphires that I had to buy extra since I haven't found many diamonds, LOL. I paid around $125.00 for earrings and the same for the ring. HH, Mike
 
As he said a Hookah is surface supplied air ,a compressor,ran by a motor,air hose-line,to a low pressure regulator most gold dredgers including my self use them,they are the ticket! :icon_thumleft:
 
I am sure everyone knows it but.......

You must be very careful with a hookah system. The gas engine gives off carbon monoxide, deadly stuff. You must make very sure the air intake that is being fed to the diver doesn't suck in the carbon monoxide that is in the engine exhaust.

Ignoring that little detail has killed a number of people.
 
carbon monoxide is dangerous, but the Hookah system has a great safety feature... there is an extension you put on the ait intake.... with the extension, the system now gets ait about 3 feet from above the engine....do you use the Hookah Mac? Plus, it isnt like I am out in 20' of water.... when I found the ring, I was in like chest deep.... and I surface alot to make sure where I am... as I can only hunt in swimming areas.... I am shocked at there not being more replies.... I mean this is a rock! Sad to see mroe replies to a few wheats or IH's
 
Nice finds.......Glad you are able to find the good stuff with your thingamabob! ;D :icon_thumright:

HH,
Moon
 
minton7,
No I don't use one. If I had a place that would benefit a search with one I'd sure look into it.

I guess you need to understand my perspective. I grew up in Florida. We are talking in the 1950's. People made their own hookah systems back then. At least once, sometimes two or three times a year there would be an article in a newspaper about someone dieing from CO poisoning at one spring or another while diving using a hookah.

I we have a lot of very inventive people here. All you need is a gas engine, air compressor, garden hose and a small assortment of hardware and you can build a hookah system.

I thought my caution a prudent one to give.
 
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
minton7,
No I don't use one. If I had a place that would benefit a search with one I'd sure look into it.

I guess you need to understand my perspective. I grew up in Florida. We are talking in the 1950's. People made their own hookah systems back then. At least once, sometimes two or three times a year there would be an article in a newspaper about someone dieing from CO poisoning at one spring or another while diving using a hookah.

I we have a lot of very inventive people here. All you need is a gas engine, air compressor, garden hose and a small assortment of hardware and you can build a hookah system.

I thought my caution a prudent one to give.

Your thought was prudent and justified. I own a 3 man hookah and it's Great! Minton is correct about the "breather" being away from the Exhaust manifold.
Newt
 
minton7 said:
carbon monoxide is dangerous, but the Hookah system has a great safety feature... there is an extension you put on the ait intake.... with the extension, the system now gets ait about 3 feet from above the engine....do you use the Hookah Mac? Plus, it isnt like I am out in 20' of water.... when I found the ring, I was in like chest deep.... and I surface alot to make sure where I am... as I can only hunt in swimming areas.... I am shocked at there not being more replies.... I mean this is a rock! Sad to see mroe replies to a few wheats or IH's
Try posting in the beach and shallow water hunting section. You might get more responses there. And alot of people like old coins better than any jewelry, it's not about how much the find is worth monetarily to everyone, they don't make Wheats or Indian heads anymore, they make jelewlry everyday. When you hold Wheats or Indians you hold something that when it was made there may be no one alive today from that time. Anyway congrats on the ring, and as far as banner, we need good quality pictures of all your finds, not just your word of all of your finds. HH
 
cool finds & good deal!

HH
 
Yes, take care, but don't let anyone rain on your parade. Looks like you are doing good. Take a pard with you, for that extra bit of safety.

BW
 
Nice diamond. Get it rated before you sell it. If its flawless it would be more than 600 for sure.
 
Nice FInd...Too bad it's going to a bed. If flawless it will be worth far more than $600. Get it tested. HH
 
Very nice Minton Your doing great ! ......I have an electric hooka...no fumes....All I've found so far is a tinfoil covered rock and some clad.I know it's in there though....onea these days for sure ! I also just got a fullface mask......big bounus...that way if onea your buddys farts in the intake .....you'll know !!! :o ;D
 
Congrats minton7,i have been wanting to get that setup,
a lot of swimming holes in my area.
Best of luck,keep the posts coming,i'll reply!
LabradorBob
 
minton7 said:
I recently purchased a Hookah Dive System and a White's Surf Pi Pro with a weighted coil from the proceedes of coin roll hunting from Jan.-July. The wife reluctently allowed me to do this, but said that whatever I found had to be sold to buy her a king sized bed. I readily agreed, thinking I would never find much to sell. I started off by heading to the local swimming holes. I have now found 8 gold rings(pix of which will come as I get clear ones) but the nicest find by far is this Wedding Set I found about an inch apart. I was out about waist deep, and off to the edge of the swimming area, kinda in the muck. Turns out I scooped up a 3/8 kt princess cut diamond ring. The ring is 14kt yellow gold, as is the wedding band its self. The band is marked benchmark. The jeweler says $500-$600 for the set. Paid for my new detector with one find. I will be submitting this to White's soon also. There are still ALOT of nice rings and jewelry to be found in the swimming holes! I have also found several sterling items and over 300 coins... all clad... Wait till you guys see the other things I have pulled.... Would this be banner worthy? I sure hope so!


Did your wife get her bed? Sounds like some of the deals I have had to make with my wife ;D Also, where did you buy your Hookah System and about how much did it cost? Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom