What's new

Hopalong

wkrp43

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
814
Reaction score
670
Golden Thread
0
Location
western NC
Detector(s) used
F2...BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting a small wooded patch near an old school when I came across this. After a little research, it is a money clip/decoder. From the fifties. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 1476447633293.webp
    1476447633293.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1476447648257.webp
    1476447648257.webp
    32 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 34
Very cool find. I have not seen one of those before.

Best to you!
 
Nice find and ID. Congrats
 
That is cool. How much money was in the clip? Just kidding
 
Sweet find,,
Yep,, HopAlong Cassidy was a Cowboy. Had his own TV show, back in the Fifties. Started with TV, Radio, and a comic strip. First stories about Hopalong go back to 1905. The success of his TV show led to other TV westerns like Roy Rodgers and Tales of the Texas Rangers. The Hopalong Cassidy Lunchbox was the first of it's kind.
Congrats
 
Last edited:
A piece of history recovered cool
 
I found a Hop-Along Cassidy Compass Ring a few months back minus the compass. I thought it was a cool find but would be nice if I had the compass too.
Great find.
 
Hoppy was also a ringmaster at the Hop-Along circus. My Father took us there and later gave me a Hop-Along bicycle.
It was black of course with two six guns up front. Very fancy. If I had it today I'd bet I could sell it to the American Pickers.
 
Very cool and interesting find-a piece of Americana.
 
If those kids needed money clips, then you are definitely in the right spot. Let's hope they also wore big gaudy gold rings!
 
Beauty of a find!!
 
HOPALONG CASSIDY THATS WHAT MY WIFE SAID I LOOKED LIKE AFTER SHE PUT THE FOOT UP THE OLE GAZOOO FOR TRYING TO SNEEK OUT TO GO DIRT FISHING , NEEET FIND .
 
Yes, things are different today (to say the least). What parent today would drop off their 11 or 12 year old at a movie theater playing a Hopalong Cassidy movie then pick the child up curbside after the show was over? That was my experience as a kid. BTW, the BAR 20 on the OP's find stands for the "Bar 20" ranch where Hoppy was the boss. The BAR 20 ranch was located just outside the fictional town of Buckskin, Texas; located in the valley of the Rio Pecos some 50 miles south of the Texas/New Mexico border. (Gotta luv the trivia.)
Don.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom