Attachments

• 1476447633293.jpg
    1476447633293.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1476447648257.jpg
    1476447648257.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 17
Very cool find. I have not seen one of those before.

Best to you!

Nice find and ID. Congrats

Sweet find,,
Yep,, HopAlong Cassidy was a Cowboy. Had his own TV show, back in the Fifties. Started with TV, Radio, and a comic strip. First stories about Hopalong go back to 1905. The success of his TV show led to other TV westerns like Roy Rodgers and Tales of the Texas Rangers. The Hopalong Cassidy Lunchbox was the first of it's kind.
Congrats

Last edited:
A piece of history recovered cool

I found a Hop-Along Cassidy Compass Ring a few months back minus the compass. I thought it was a cool find but would be nice if I had the compass too.
Great find.

Hoppy was also a ringmaster at the Hop-Along circus. My Father took us there and later gave me a Hop-Along bicycle.
It was black of course with two six guns up front. Very fancy. If I had it today I'd bet I could sell it to the American Pickers.

Very cool and interesting find-a piece of Americana.

If those kids needed money clips, then you are definitely in the right spot. Let's hope they also wore big gaudy gold rings!

HOPALONG CASSIDY THATS WHAT MY WIFE SAID I LOOKED LIKE AFTER SHE PUT THE FOOT UP THE OLE GAZOOO FOR TRYING TO SNEEK OUT TO GO DIRT FISHING , NEEET FIND .

Yes, things are different today (to say the least). What parent today would drop off their 11 or 12 year old at a movie theater playing a Hopalong Cassidy movie then pick the child up curbside after the show was over? That was my experience as a kid. BTW, the BAR 20 on the OP's find stands for the "Bar 20" ranch where Hoppy was the boss. The BAR 20 ranch was located just outside the fictional town of Buckskin, Texas; located in the valley of the Rio Pecos some 50 miles south of the Texas/New Mexico border. (Gotta luv the trivia.)
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back