Horrible Road Trip

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
:BangHead: :BangHead:
Well I decided to go on a road trip yesterday in a city about 45 minutes away that I had not searched in since last year. Well 20 some banks later I had 10 dollars in clad halves and nothing else. I felt like I had been slapped in the face! WOW how was it that there was no more halves in this town but that??? I asked for halves in the vault or in their trays. Nothing. Some of these banks were HUGE banks too. Said there was nothing anywhere in the bank. Well I will just stick to ordering boxes and looking dimes and nickels if that is the best I have in my area. Wasted lots of gas and time for nothing. Could have just went and picked up a box of dimes at my local bank and probably found a couple of silvers.
Oh well enough complaining.
Good luck on your hunting!

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
That has happened to me plenty of times on road trips. What I would do is buy dime boxes on a bad road trip,just so I'd get a little bit of silver.
Road trips can be very good though. A few times I've scored multi solid rolls,and snagged a bag. You never know.
HH
Rich

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it man!!! I too ask for dimes when they have no halves that way I can still get my coin roll opening fix for the day! :laughing7:

You'll score big soon-hang in there!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I do a lot of road trips in my area and sometimes score big and other times
come home stinking like a "SKUNK". You never know.
rileyboy

OP
OP
engine 823

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Thanks for the encouragment guys!!! I know your right. Just has been super hard lately since the silver prices have went up! Everywhere I went the tellers said EVERYONE was looking for halves now! They are making it hard!!!! I read on here about a silver sniffing dog maybe I need to train my lab to do that!!!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions