What's new

HORSE FOUND BURIED AT CW SITE

trk5capt

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2005
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston S.C.
Found This At The Site Of A Union Army Camp Near Adams Run S.C. I Believe That It Was A Child's Toy, But It Is Made Out Of Bronze, It Appears To Have Had Rockers At One Time, But They Are Long Gone. Does Anyone Know If They Made Toys Out Of Bronze In The Mid 1800's ? It Has Several Small Areas That Have Been Exposed To Fire, So Maybe It Came From One Of The Plantation Houses, That Were Burned Down In This Area. Any Info Would Be Appreciated, Thanks For Looking. trk5capt...
 

Attachments

  • hrs 5.webp
    hrs 5.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,346
  • hrs 5 (1).webp
    hrs 5 (1).webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,329
  • hrs 5 (4).webp
    hrs 5 (4).webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,334
Upvote 0
Capt, nice find! I also would guess it was off a trophy of some type. Maybe a race track was near the area? Tsgman
 
I can see CountryGirl reaching through the monitor as I type this. That is a major sweet dig !!!
~Nash~
 
Actually I was cleaning a spot and making room for her. I am guessing 1900's I have one similar but not exact. I would have loved to dig that, at least this one is pretty much whole and will display nicely. Let me know if it needs a home, I'll take good care of her. ;)
 
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Actually I was cleaning a spot and making room for her. I am guessing 1900's I have one similar but not exact. I would have loved to dig that, at least this one is pretty much whole and will display nicely. Let me know if it needs a home, I'll take good care of her. ;)

Agreed
 
Thanks Everyone For Your Input, The Position Of The Legs, Still Make Me Think That It Had Rockers At One Time. Too Bad That It Is Not "MR. ED", Then It Could Tell Me Its Story. Best Of Luck To All. trk5capt...
 
Nice find!

HH
 
From the title of this thread, I was expecting something a bit more... skeletal!

(Like the time a friend of mine found an old dog rabies tag in a local park... which was still attached to a collar... which was still attached to ol' Rover!) :o

Cool horsie! WTG! He's in nice shape, too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom