What's new

horse tack

taz42o

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2008
Messages
2,200
Reaction score
1,457
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
I know this is horse tack but what is the correct name for this piece and how is it used? Also is there anyway to tell the age of it.?
 
bigcypresshunter said:
taz42o said:
bigcypresshunter said:
So what is it? Rein guide? Could you post a pic so I can learn?
I just said it is a check line guide or rein guide in my last post.
Yes I know but its been called a "gag loop" here at TN for years that is why I was looking for confirmation..

Quote from: baspinall on Sep 06, 2010, 04:17:47 PM
Quote from: romeo-1 on Sep 05, 2010, 02:35:26 PM
I believe it is actually called a gag loop.
Ditto

So "gag loop" is the incorrect term? I guess this is a rare example of a mistake that has been repeated many years here on TN. Its a wonder it wasnt corrected earlier. Thanks.

I know why I believed the term 'gag loop', was because PBK once posted a link with them being sold as such.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I know why I believed the term 'gag loop', was because PBK once posted a link with them being sold as such.
PBK was never wrong. :D At least I cant remember when. Could it be 2 names for the same thing? :dontknow:

Heres the post by PBK but the link is discontinued and I cant find a picture of a gag loop.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,172548.0.html
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • horse gag loops.webp
    horse gag loops.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 268
  • horse lattaswivel.webp
    horse lattaswivel.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
I think two different items are getting confused .maybe this is a gag hook or loop ?(picture) I dont know but you can see both posted here being called the same thing(link) The one I found I have seen on the side of a harness and it had nothing to do with a bit .

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,252859.0.html
 

Attachments

  • loop1.webp
    loop1.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0
To be safe we could call it "horse harness" :D

I really dont know horse tack and Im out of my area of expertise. Im sure Im not helping.
 
Upvote 0
Forgot about that post at other site BigC. From the looks of it they have been called by a few names.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I got it! It's "horse tack." (in reply #1) :P
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom