What's new

✅ SOLVED Horse Tackle?

wvwraith

Greenie
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been finding pieces of an old wagon possibly carriage in the area I've been digging. Today I found this leather piece. It looks like its horse tackle, but I want to see what you guys think. Hard to believe there's that big of a piece left after all that time in the ground. tacklepiece.webp
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would think it is part of an old work shoe. The part the laces go through.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I will concur with the shoe leather thought as well.

Generally the accepted term for horse equipment is worded as Horse Tack. Unless of course one is either fishing for equines, or playing full contact football with the four-footed fillies, then one may suppose that "Horse Tackle" might be correct indeed! :wink:

CC Hunter
 
Upvote 0
lol I don't know why I always called it tackle. Thanks a bunch guys for the i.d on the leather piece. I found some more things I'm not sure of so I'll probably be posting those soon.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom