Hot hunt with some cool railroad artifacts

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a nice hot metal detecting outing this morning with a friend. Not quantity but some old history saved. Found 2 old railroad baggage tags. one for the East Broad Top Railroad Co. in Pa, IMG_0001 (1).JPGIMG_0001.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPG and the other marked, From Martinsburg, Pa and at the bottom, Penn. R.R. Really like the P.R.R. tag. I love finding anything P.R.R. Also found an old Great Seal military button made by City Button Works, New York made between 1877 and 1923. Also have 3 Wheat pennies soaking in cleaning solution. A really hot, but nice time with a great friend. Thanks for looking and stay hydrated out there. It is hot everywhere. H.H.

Upvote 22
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Those old baggage tags are great finds. Fun to research the history. Congrats

Wow, great RR tags! Those are really nice, congrats

Sweet finds, congrats! :occasion14:

I love railroad stuff I've found 1 tag those are really cool and the button also good job my friend

Very cool RR Tags:icon_thumleft:

I love railroad stuff I've found 1 tag those are really cool and the button also good job my friend

Thanks, Tommy. I love anything railroad related and for a Pennsylvania boy with many family members that worked for the railroad, P.R.R. is on top of my list

Johncoho, I am LOVING those tags, congratulations on saving some RR history! Sub :headbang:

Johncoho, I am LOVING those tags, congratulations on saving some RR history! Sub :headbang:

Thanks, Sub. My family worked for the PRR so I do love anything related.

Nice hits. I hit a yard near a railroad and dug up about 25 spikes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back