Silver_Fox
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 16, 2007
- Messages
- 2,494
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Good 'Ol USA /
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250 of course
Don't worry Immy, I wasn't poaching in your neck of the woods....LOL. I spent the last week in Elko NV as an instructor at a Fire School. 24 instructors and 90 students. Lots of fire and no one got hurt. It was a good week.
I didn't have much time for CRHing. I went to a nearby town (Carlin) at lunch one day. It is a 1 bank town. $300 in hand rolls got me nada. Thursday was our night burn so I had from 9AM to 11Am to hit all the banks in Elko. 6 banks and $437 later and I had 5- 40%ers and one 1964. 3 of the 40's and the 1964 came across the counter right out of the tellers hand......woo hoo...
Last year when I was there I went through $1600 in those 2 towns and got 6-64's, 20-40's and a Ben. What a difference a year makes.
I didn't find what appeared to be any dumps. One teller did say she could add me to a note she had (for halves) with a number of a lady to call if she found any silver dollars. I told her I was just passing through. I then asked her if she had any silver dollars. She said no but if she did she would have to call the other lady. If she had any I would have tried my best to talk her out of them. Once a poacher, always a poacher.
There aren't any machines in town that use real halves in the machines
HH, Silver_Fox
PS, looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on.
I didn't have much time for CRHing. I went to a nearby town (Carlin) at lunch one day. It is a 1 bank town. $300 in hand rolls got me nada. Thursday was our night burn so I had from 9AM to 11Am to hit all the banks in Elko. 6 banks and $437 later and I had 5- 40%ers and one 1964. 3 of the 40's and the 1964 came across the counter right out of the tellers hand......woo hoo...
Last year when I was there I went through $1600 in those 2 towns and got 6-64's, 20-40's and a Ben. What a difference a year makes.
I didn't find what appeared to be any dumps. One teller did say she could add me to a note she had (for halves) with a number of a lady to call if she found any silver dollars. I told her I was just passing through. I then asked her if she had any silver dollars. She said no but if she did she would have to call the other lady. If she had any I would have tried my best to talk her out of them. Once a poacher, always a poacher.

There aren't any machines in town that use real halves in the machines

HH, Silver_Fox
PS, looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on.
Attachments
Upvote
0
Congrats on dredging those northern banks SF. Nevada is the silver state after all.
, Ed






