Hour + drive for nothing

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Well today I drove North about 1 1/2 hours to an area I was researching where a Stream meets The river and seems to hold a lot of history around 1740s on. (Indians, Generals battles etc.)
Any way I looked at some satellite photos of the area and found that there was what seemed to be a baseball field and park right there...perfect right. well after a long drive I pull into the parking lot and the parks rules and regs are in front of me. #5 No digging or searching in any mannor for relics or otherwise that may have worth.... What is that???

The park is next to train tracks that lead to the river I just wander if I can still head to the river???

I am new to all of this and would love to have a digging partner in the Northeast Pa area.

Upvote 0
R

rb

A drive is never for nothing. Eather to get out for a while or you can prospect new locations to hunt. Keep looking out for new spots.. HH RB

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
T,

bummer.

Know the feeling.

That's what it is all about, finding the right place to hunt.

Next hunt always is the big one, keep researching.

have a good un...........

N

NLINE SIXX

Sorry about your disappointment for a hunt. I hunted a park today, and I was a little uncomfortable being there when I seen evidence that it had been metal detected recently, holes everywhere, I suspect maybe some kid got a MD for Christmas, and was never educated of the fact "Fill Your Holes Up When Done Digging". I tried to fill as many as I could while carrying on with my detecting. By the way did find a few clad coins. ;D

NL6

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
What if you told them you like to search for worthless junk using a probe?

You wouldn't be digging, or searching for anything 'of worth', of course if a few good coins found there way out of ground while you were at it, then I guess it would only be a reward for your junk digging.

just kidding.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sorry to hear about your luck...
That is a shame those boys have to be so greedy, to want it all for themselves...
It will probablty lay in the ground for another two hundred years, unless you digit, then they will want it...
Good luck on a new location, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread