Update on that Hunted Out 1880s School Housse site

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on that Hunted Out 1880's School Housse site

Well like everyone said, there really aren't any hunted out sites. My partner and I went out looking for other sites Saturday, but didn't really come up with anything good. So, we decided to go back to that supposedly hunted out school site I wrote about a few days ago. My partner with his Garrett 250 found another wheat penny (1920), I didn't find any coins but did come up with a old broach, which I forgot to take a picture of and an old Lock. It measures 2 1/2 inches wide and and nearly 4 inches long. The lock has W B on it and the spring cover over the key opening still works fine. I took a picture of the lock and am also sending along a picture of my buddy and his Garrett 250 find, the 1903 Barber Quarter he found a few days ago. It is also pictured in my last posting "Hunted Out 1880's School Site", HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Old Lock2.jpg
    Old Lock2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 340
  • Lock Opening2.jpg
    Lock Opening2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Gary at old school2.jpg
    Gary at old school2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
G

Goot

Re: Update on that Hunted Out 1880's School Housse site

Nice old lock. How is your partner liking that Ace 250? I have a couple of old schools on my list as well.

Good job and good luck.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Cool lock.

I was out today. Got a map of 1904 and found a home site that is in the Cleveland metroparks now. Trouble was - prickers everywhere with tall weeds and sapling trees. And then old iorn everywhere. Kinda gave up after 25 minutes. You ever get discouraged at these kind of sites? Maybe I'm not patient enough but if I'm not digging something every 5 to 10 minutes I get discouraged. :P

Mirage(Bob)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes Mirage, been there done that. But heck that's metal detecting. Five members and myself of the Black Swamp Metal Detecting Club hunted a Lake around us. We hunted in the water at an old boat swim area. We hunted it for nearly a full summer before we finally started finding goodies there. The first few weekends we hunted their we took on the average of 2 five gallon buckets of trash out of the area. After we finally got the trash out of the swim area, then we started finding the good stuff. We still carry a five gallon bucket with us and we still find trash at the site and we still find goodies their. It is kinda of funny, those guys with their expensive boats, still don't have a trash can on them. They still throw there trash over the side of the boat. I wish when they give boat permits that they make these boaters sign that they will not throw trash over board and if they do and are caught they will loose their boating permit! Well HH, Ringfinder

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That's a neat find, rfinder. Somebody on here will ID it for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread