Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the vacant lot where I found the Hyvis token a few weeks ago. There was at one time two houses on this lot, built back in the 1920s. It is a large area and will take some time to hunt it all. I plan to hunt it when I don't have a specific place picked out to go. Kinda' my fall back site. There is all kinds of broken plates, bottles and misc household junk on the surface. I hit a small area wirh the ACE 250 just to clear off some of the shallow junk and will go back later with my GTI 2500 to do an in depth search. From past experience I know that it is either feast or famine from these type sites. You may go for days and find nothing significant and all at once run into a lot of decent artifacts, coins and with luck some silver and jewelry. The demolition process really scatters things. Today was junk day! Found a key and a piece of chain but not the lock that went with it. Dug up an old tie rod end at 2" and found a couple of items too big for me to dig up with my equipment, probably car parts. ( An old auto repair garage was in the rear at one time). Also a few what's its too corroded to identify. I'll go back to this site from time to time and won't boor you with junk finds. Will post on it only when and if I start finding some "treasures". JIM

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good Jim,

good luck,

hh

lonewolfe

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Jim ! Look forward to your future posts from this site. H H !

Huntin' 59er

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
good luck with the demo site jim! i have a couple of sites like that myself that i need to sift through the trash at. i keep putting them off! somehow the idea of digging 2000 pieces of window frame and nails hasnt been so attractive as of late!there really could be some gems under all that junk though!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly how I feel about it hollowpoint. That's why I'll use it as a fall back site! JIM

Ruben

Greenie
Jul 29, 2005
Michigan
Old house sites are so fun to hunt,even if you gotta deal with a little trash,Im sure thats not the only thing thats there pal.

good luck and HH, Ruben

g45_70

Mar 25, 2005
Kalispell, Montana
Two homes from the 20's, theres got to be some goodies around there some place! Hang in there Jim I'm sure you'll be rewarded with something of value!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread