What's new

HOUSE WARMING PARTY PART II (OLD HOUSE TO BE BURNED !!)

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched as my dreams went up in smoke....
Oh well, now I can hunt the yard in peace...

Here are photo's before and after ....
and some of the finds from the yard...

and NO!! you all are not invited..
(to hunt here.... it's mine all mine)
 

Attachments

  • Picture 021.webp
    Picture 021.webp
    117 KB · Views: 1,691
  • IMG_3119.webp
    IMG_3119.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,653
  • sextoken.webp
    sextoken.webp
    35 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Picture 038.webp
    Picture 038.webp
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,684
Upvote 0
blueguy said:
The roof the roof the roof is on FIRE :icon_sunny:

YYEEE HAAAA
just think of all those new signals I can dig now.. !!! :laughing9:
 
Ok, Relicman, you know who I am. Are you closing in on me on Freedom Drive, I think I was in that yard about a month ago, I'll go by and see if it's the same house.
I've hit about 6 houses since the City has bought the right away to expand the road.
The other Richard
 
goldnugget said:
Ok, Relicman, you know who I am. Are you closing in on me on Freedom Drive, I think I was in that yard about a month ago, I'll go by and see if it's the same house.
I've hit about 6 houses since the City has bought the right away to expand the road.
The other Richard

YOU BAS&^*%**RD....
I KNEW IT !!
2 DOORS DOWN FROM ME AND YOU DID NOT INVITE ME ???
JUST SEE IF I BUY ANY MORE BASEBALL CARDS FROM YOU !!!

Richard...
its been for sale for a while....
but it has not been posted as city property...
If you've been hunting this... you have been on private property and need to take everything you found for the home owners...
please return their Silver property now !!
 
Actually this is on my street part of Freedom, and is not part of the street widening..
But I did what you did and hit some up towards 85, they tore one out up there about 2 months
ago, but we did not find much in that yard....
 
I've been to busy trying to sell Obama Inaugral Edition Newspapers from Washington, D C., plus a few Ball Cards. I had permission from the Realtor to detect this property. You cleaned it out good, maybe I should go back toward the barn.As you stated where the coin's should have been, there was alot of can slaw. Just don't home in on my next location, the house that was built in 1901, P/ S ,I didn't find anything out back toward the pond.; The fallen down shed in the woods is your's, including any snakes that might be present.

Happy detecting, I'm headed to Florida and South Carolina for 9 days to water detect, hoping to find some shipwreck coins, also keep working your regular job, keeps you from detecting and me I can sit back and draw my un-employment and retirement checks.
 
goldnugget said:
I've been to busy trying to sell Obama Inaugral Edition Newspapers from Washington, D C., plus a few Ball Cards. I had permission from the Realtor to detect this property. You cleaned it out good, maybe I should go back toward the barn.As you stated where the coin's should have been, there was alot of can slaw. Just don't home in on my next location, the house that was built in 1901, P/ S ,I didn't find anything out back toward the pond.; The fallen down shed in the woods is your's, including any snakes that might be present.

Happy detecting, I'm headed to Florida and South Carolina for 9 days to water detect, hoping to find some shipwreck coins, also keep working your regular job, keeps you from detecting and me I can sit back and draw my un-employment and retirement checks.

Those Inaugral papers worth anything ? I have a box full..
So if you hunted it what did you find you bogart !!!
And I did not know about a barn... where is that at ?? and the shed in the woods ? where is that?
are you sure we are talking about the same house ??
I know where the pond is... I can see this from my house...
And I can see that 1901 house too.... I saw it real well when I hunted it... ha ha ha
 
I was back up there yesterday and dug another Rosevelt dime... after a lot of walking...
1946 I think.
I also dug an old Ax head... maybe someone here can date it...
anyway... ye a lot of can slaw....
 
ohiograndpa said:
Nice finds ........................... Nice pics . Why was the house burned down.
Looks like a little work could have made it livable.

Looks can be deceiving. Sometimes termites make a place unrepairable, plus bad plumbing, etc. May look nice from the outside, but a terror on the interior. Looks like this one had the original siding, but I've seen older homes in my neck of the woods have new aluminum siding put on them to "level" them out, when prior to that, they sank from one room to the other. Be careful what you buy.
 
Masonlid said:
Give the homeless a home....that's the way I feel about tearing down houses for profit..we had the local college here tore down 3 historical houses on their property to build a better parking lot.They even tore one down thru the night so folks wouldnt know...people did raise cane but what do you do?They wouldnt let anyone hunt the yards...bummer.

The majority of homeless do not want a home. Go ask them, especially the hardcore ones. Some homeless are on hard times, living out of their vehicles, who would appreciate such a place on a temporary basis, but someone always owns the property and is not willing to let folks live in a vacant house while furnishing them with utilities with no payback. Insurance is against that at all avenues. As far as tearing down "historical houses," unless someone works to have them declared "historical," they're up for grabs as to the land they sit on, and if you want to preserve them, they sometimes have to be relocated. Some can stand the strain, others can't. All that costs many $$$.

Not letting anyone hunt the yards, dumb.
 
Poor Ladder!!! Might as well toss that one...What were they thinking??? :icon_scratch:
 
zaxfire69 said:
Poor Ladder!!! Might as well toss that one...What were they thinking??? :icon_scratch:

I thought that, too! Melt that ladder!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom