HOUSE WARMING PARTY PART II (OLD HOUSE TO BE BURNED !!)

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,663
  • IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 1,629
  • sextoken.jpg
    sextoken.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,628
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 1,656
Upvote 0

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Ok, Relicman, you know who I am. Are you closing in on me on Freedom Drive, I think I was in that yard about a month ago, I'll go by and see if it's the same house.
I've hit about 6 houses since the City has bought the right away to expand the road.
The other Richard

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldnugget said:
Ok, Relicman, you know who I am. Are you closing in on me on Freedom Drive, I think I was in that yard about a month ago, I'll go by and see if it's the same house.
I've hit about 6 houses since the City has bought the right away to expand the road.
The other Richard

YOU BAS&^*%**RD....
I KNEW IT !!
2 DOORS DOWN FROM ME AND YOU DID NOT INVITE ME ???
JUST SEE IF I BUY ANY MORE BASEBALL CARDS FROM YOU !!!

Richard...
its been for sale for a while....
but it has not been posted as city property...
If you've been hunting this... you have been on private property and need to take everything you found for the home owners...
please return their Silver property now !!

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually this is on my street part of Freedom, and is not part of the street widening..
But I did what you did and hit some up towards 85, they tore one out up there about 2 months
ago, but we did not find much in that yard....

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I've been to busy trying to sell Obama Inaugral Edition Newspapers from Washington, D C., plus a few Ball Cards. I had permission from the Realtor to detect this property. You cleaned it out good, maybe I should go back toward the barn.As you stated where the coin's should have been, there was alot of can slaw. Just don't home in on my next location, the house that was built in 1901, P/ S ,I didn't find anything out back toward the pond.; The fallen down shed in the woods is your's, including any snakes that might be present.

Happy detecting, I'm headed to Florida and South Carolina for 9 days to water detect, hoping to find some shipwreck coins, also keep working your regular job, keeps you from detecting and me I can sit back and draw my un-employment and retirement checks.

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldnugget said:
I've been to busy trying to sell Obama Inaugral Edition Newspapers from Washington, D C., plus a few Ball Cards. I had permission from the Realtor to detect this property. You cleaned it out good, maybe I should go back toward the barn.As you stated where the coin's should have been, there was alot of can slaw. Just don't home in on my next location, the house that was built in 1901, P/ S ,I didn't find anything out back toward the pond.; The fallen down shed in the woods is your's, including any snakes that might be present.

Happy detecting, I'm headed to Florida and South Carolina for 9 days to water detect, hoping to find some shipwreck coins, also keep working your regular job, keeps you from detecting and me I can sit back and draw my un-employment and retirement checks.

Those Inaugral papers worth anything ? I have a box full..
So if you hunted it what did you find you bogart !!!
And I did not know about a barn... where is that at ?? and the shed in the woods ? where is that?
are you sure we are talking about the same house ??
I know where the pond is... I can see this from my house...
And I can see that 1901 house too.... I saw it real well when I hunted it... ha ha ha

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was back up there yesterday and dug another Rosevelt dime... after a lot of walking...
1946 I think.
I also dug an old Ax head... maybe someone here can date it...
anyway... ye a lot of can slaw....

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
ohiograndpa said:
Nice finds ........................... Nice pics . Why was the house burned down.
Looks like a little work could have made it livable.

Looks can be deceiving. Sometimes termites make a place unrepairable, plus bad plumbing, etc. May look nice from the outside, but a terror on the interior. Looks like this one had the original siding, but I've seen older homes in my neck of the woods have new aluminum siding put on them to "level" them out, when prior to that, they sank from one room to the other. Be careful what you buy.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Masonlid said:
Give the homeless a home....that's the way I feel about tearing down houses for profit..we had the local college here tore down 3 historical houses on their property to build a better parking lot.They even tore one down thru the night so folks wouldnt know...people did raise cane but what do you do?They wouldnt let anyone hunt the yards...bummer.

The majority of homeless do not want a home. Go ask them, especially the hardcore ones. Some homeless are on hard times, living out of their vehicles, who would appreciate such a place on a temporary basis, but someone always owns the property and is not willing to let folks live in a vacant house while furnishing them with utilities with no payback. Insurance is against that at all avenues. As far as tearing down "historical houses," unless someone works to have them declared "historical," they're up for grabs as to the land they sit on, and if you want to preserve them, they sometimes have to be relocated. Some can stand the strain, others can't. All that costs many $$$.

Not letting anyone hunt the yards, dumb.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor Ladder!!! Might as well toss that one...What were they thinking??? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread