how about this garage sale find

mmiller

May 21, 2006
COLORADO SPRINGS
Detector(s) used
DFX & XLT & Judge II Auto
I'm a real estate agent and the market has been so bad lately that I took a part time job as a driving instructor to help supplement my income.On Saturday I went to go pick up a new student arriving a couple of minutes early, his mother told me he would be a couple of minutes. She was busy setting up a garage sale looking around I seen a metal detector in the corner, so of I thought I go look and see what she had.Thinking it was a low end machine to my surprise it was a whites XLT asking her what she wanted for it she told me 50.00 dollars.I ask her if she had the instruction she said she would look. Not only did she found the instruction for it she found the whites hard shell caring case the two batteries cases and ear phones but not the charger I guess looked disappointed she ask me if I would give her 45.00 dollars for it being that I already have a dfx and they are the same charger gave here 45.00 and left with my new machine. I needed a back up machine although I wanted something other then a whites for a back up for 45.00 I wont complain.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Put it on eBay and you'll more than double your investment and probably get enough for the backup machine that you desire. Lucky Duck! ;D

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, amazing!!!

Bran <><

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Ouch, that's a heck of a deal! You said you left with the XLT, Did you take the kid on his driving lesson? lol
Happy Hunting

Desertfox

R

rammjäger

Congratulations!
Unfortunatelly they don't do these Garage sales here in Germany :(
In Ebay the guys are too much aware of what a good detector costs.
And there is no nice woman around that could sell such a maschine
with no idea of its real value - LOL ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
600 dollar profit :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread