Tried My Darnedest

S

stefen

Tried my darnedest to sell my old barbecue in a recent garage sell...and no obvious takers which I don't blame them...what a piece of crap...

So I put it in front of my house with a $10 For Sale Sign...with a note to place the money in the mail-slot...

Darned if it didn't sell to the lowest bidder...actually stole the damn thing...(Hmmmmmmmmm, this is what I actually hoped would happen...)

Beats taking the BBQ to the dump and paying a disposal fee for the butane tank and contents

What have you tried to sell or give away with some new tact?

Attachments

• LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,856
  • LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,850

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
During the garbage strike in New York City some folks boxed it up and put gift wrap paper on it and left it in their unlocked cars. no problem getting it stolen. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
S

stefen

justgeese said:
Put my mother in law on the curb in her wheel chair with a sign "Free to good home" didn't work, after 8 hours and having to take her water I gave up and wheeled her back in ;D ;D

Attachments

• LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,755
  • LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,754

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
justgeese said:
Put my mother in law on the curb in her wheel chair with a sign "Free to good home" didn't work, after 8 hours and having to take her water I gave up and wheeled her back in ;D ;D
hahaha..I'm glad i'm not the only one that does that..I hate taking large things to the trash dump..Was moving my son in law and daughter out of an apt. and they had a large grill...holes all in it...and about 100 ft. of water hose...along with 2 lawn chairs..the ones with the straps on them..most of the straps broken..lol Put em out near the road with a sign that said..for sale cheap...Went to town and by the time we got home..all of it was gone..lol

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I actually cut a sofa in half with a chainsaw, set it out front with a sign that said free sectional. It dissapeared too. ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here there is no need to get creative. There are professional trash pickers that come around on a daily basis. They haven't failed me yet. So far this year I got rid of a computer desk, a microwave stand, a couple of old broken lamps, a microwave, an old tv (minus the cords on them), a broken recliner, a busted box spring and various miscellaneous junk. Nothing worth any value to me, i'm glad someone else took use of it.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blew up the engine on a lawnmower. I finished the lawn with another mower but left the broken one out front, near the street, like it was a good mower. Disappeared ;D

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
On my street you can put pretty much anything on the curb and within 48H hours its gone, But the quickest was an old IKEA wobbly desk i put it on the curb, walked back to the house before i close the front door the neighbours hauling it into there house.

drygulch

Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II
Put a car next to the road one time took a can of spray paint and sprayed TOW ME AWAY went to work and when I got home it was gone.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some places pay scrap metal prices for a junker car and tow it away fer free

drygulch

Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II
They would probably lost on this deal nearest scrap yard is 60 miles away.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I had an old 3 wheeler that was broke so I gave it to my brother in law. My brother in law took it to his hunting camp. That night some people stole it, fixed it, and returned it really muddy. You gotta luv rednecks. I think it even had more fuel in it than when it left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions