What's new

How about this?

brandywine

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2010
Messages
85
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Hey Good Citizens,
Here you see an arrowhead that my buddy found near the Brandywine River in Chester Co. Pa. Also you will see another arrowhead that I found several years ago within five miles of the same location. Anybody have thoughts about the type and age? I imagine Lenape...but what else? Was it used as a bird point?
Thanks so much..
 

Attachments

  • need type?.webp
    need type?.webp
    127.6 KB · Views: 572
  • ave.webp
    ave.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0
Most hunter's around here would call them round base Guilford's. 6500-5000 b.p. Found all over the Mid-Atlantic, usually made from Quartz. Although they do look small for the type. Nice find's, thanks for the view.
 
nice piece, looks perfect!
 
Nice points. I do not think they are Guilfords - too small. They look to me to be classic ovate points, or "Indian Teardrops". These date to Early Woodland times. They are found regularly in South-Eastern Pennsylvania - I picked one up about 15 years ago along the Brandywine.

artorious
 
nice quartz, looks like maybe the same knapper?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom