What's new

How common are rare earth elements or REE's?

I wonder at times, why all of a sudden we gotta have leads on rare earth elements. From what I understand the possibility of a shortage is only a growing concern 😟 I've always been a little suspicious about most of the alarming gloom and doom news in the metals market, especially the strategic minerals. The world is always getting All Shook Up. Then it all goes like water under the bridge and I'm sure a lot a 💰 💰 💰 is gonna float on down with it, until it's realized it ain't all so bad. Anyone wanna bet I personally won't be okay without rare earth minerals?
I get where you’re coming from. A lot of news around strategic minerals swings between hype and panic, and it’s hard to know what’s actually worth worrying about. Rare earth elements are important for tech and clean energy, so governments and companies keep an eye on supply risks — but that doesn’t automatically mean we’re heading toward a crisis.

Markets usually adjust, new deposits get explored, and alternatives or recycling methods improve over time. So while it’s smart to stay informed, there’s no real reason for everyday panic. Most of us will probably go on living just fine without ever directly thinking about rare earths, just like you said.
 
We did a lot of core drilling back in the day in the 80’s out of searchlight Nevada on mountain pass. There is lots of REE out there. The one problem now is the Chinese are big shareholders in these mining companies look at Rio Tinto.
 
What shocks me is the fact that Silver is not on the list.

But... no surprise beings Canada does not even have a precious metals stock at all... let alone one that is industrially critical.
Makes one scratch his own head.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom