How do I get a LONG cable on a coil ??

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
The title pretty much states it, where would I get a coil with a LONG cable, say, over 15' ?? Is there any way to get a cable extension ?? I have some potential gold sites, but at least 2 of them are under water(not divable, no visibilty, or I would consider a water machine). And if I procure such a coil, what is the best way to go about keeping my machine dry(help grub !!), any advice is appreciated, thanx.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a coil for my Garrett ADS-7 that had a 25 ft. wire and it never worked out well at all. Once you moved the coil by the wire underwater, you still didn't know what it was and you had no way to retrieve it. An underwater detector and diving is the only way that I know of that doesn't waste to much of your time. Companies used to offer this service, but I don't know if they still do.

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Some of the water I'm looking at is wadeable(sp?), but it would be up to my boobies in depth(if I'm male can I refer to them as boobies??), so I'm really looking for a way that would be safe for my cortez.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
manzier needed maybe ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread