What's new

How do I sell coins?

pasta22

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have been given a binder with pages of coins in clear plastic, plus an envelope with lots of other coins and also some paper money - these are all foreign, a lot from Africa (the donor worked there). I am too old to go on collecting and would like to sell the whole thing. How do I go about it? I live in suburban Washington. Thanks.
 
you might want to set up an account on e-bay... :tongue3:
 
Don't just take them into a flea market or coin shop without looking them up first.
 
I agree with #2. Most dealers are crooks. Buy the blue book and the red book, and try to sell your coins in a coin auction. The best is Stack's. www.stacks.com
I am trying to not have you cheater by coin dealers.
 
Welcome to TreasureNet !

I Hope your still here :tongue3:

I suppose alot depends on what you Have

Collector, Bullion Or Common Coins.

I Lean towards using EBay
Since you probably Don't know Values.

Your odds go up there of Getting fair Payment,
Since alot will see them.

I Wouldn't go to a Random dealer without checking several
Just to be sure Though.

Worst thing you want is to
have somone tell you after you sell them
They would have given you 10 times
as much.

Plus alot of times Dealers under cut because they want to
make profit on what they Buy.

Some EBay Buyers Buy for Looks :thumbsup:



Good Luck !

Jeff
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom