What's new

How do you cash in silver ??

gold fish

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I was just wondering, how do people get the silver value out of coins ?? Are there places to send the coins that pay by weight ?? Just curious, because when I get up to a couple thousand(or so) ounces, I need to know what to do with it.
 
Upvote 0
Goldfish, I assure you that by time you have accumulated a couple thousand ounces of silver, you will know where to sell it! Good luck and HH. Gpurs....
 
gold fish said:
Just curious, because when I get up to a couple thousand(or so) ounces, I need to know what to do with it.

Pretty lofty goal there! I live about 45 minutes from a good coin dealer that pays near what kitco.com pays. So I sell to him. I could get a few more dollars from kitco but by the time I pack, ship, and worry about a lost package. I'll just take the cash on the spot. BTW I usually only sell my 40% and only make the trip when I have at least 50 oz.
 
I've used Ebay in the past. I'm not gonna sell anymore silver, unless it hits $50 an ounce! :)
 
i hope it gets to $50, i bought a 10 ouncer when it was at 8 bucks an ounce 8)
nothing cheers me up than a new coil and or something

HH
-GC
 
Check the phone book or the internet for local coin shops. Call around for prices. Know what you have before you go to sell, and don't expect to get spot or coinflation.com prices. Maybe just a little lower. If you have a substantial quantity, there are many places that buy: Midwest Refineries, www.apmex.com, kitco, etc. Shop around. Silver is very liquid compared to other commodities or the base metals, so don't worry about selling.

Happy Hunting!
 
GPURS said:
Goldfish, I assure you that by time you have accumulated a couple thousand ounces of silver, you will know where to sell it! Good luck and HH. Gpurs....

I did say, "or so", geez, you'd think I was all boasting and stuff...... ;)
 
Gold fish is probably swimming in silver. ;)
Just checking to see what us small fries are thinking.
 
fiatboy said:
Gold fish is probably swimming in silver. ;)
Just checking to see what us small fries are thinking.
Swimming in silver!!!Good one FB! You may be on to something though. Did'nt LJ have a picture up one time that showed her with a little ankle nipper, just like the one on Goldfish's avatar?????Hmmmmm... Gpurs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom