I'm a member of my town's Facebook page where people post about upcoming events in town or small talk about real estate and other happenings.
I posted a picture of a couple of my finds and my detector that went something like this: "I recently got a new (used) metal detector and I'm looking for more opportunities to learn the signals better on it. If you've lost a set of keys, jewelry or anything else that might be picked up by a metal detector, message me. Maybe I can find it for you! Not charging anything, just interested in learning the machine better and if I can help you out in doing so, so much the better ��. I found this medallion at the beach with the name HALLIE on it but after reaching out to the maker, no luck in finding the owner. ( the green and brown 'coin' is actually a Roosevelt dime--pretty poor condition but still cool). Additionally, I'd love to detect along the Creek. If you have property that it runs through or backs up to and would allow me a few hours, I'd love to see what I can find along it. The upside is, I pick up any metal trash I find and dispose of it! ��"
Within 1 hour I had a friend of mine text me asking if I could help find a lost diamond necklace on her property.
Within half a day, I had 3 permissions for me to go detect on their private property directly on the Facebook post.
I also had a guy ask if I can help find his lost dog tags (for his dog..not military ones). I may get more off of those if I find some of the missing things for the folks who reached back out. Surely they'll tell people and I'll post photos of what I found. Word gets around.
Hope this helps somebody who reads it.
EDITED to add the photo of my post of FB
