how do you rate half boxes

It all depends on your area. I like Brinks best where I live, but my best one box score happened to be a CWI box-it was a fluke I guess. Some people do better with CWI than Brinks. Some people get skunks no matter what box they get. I don't think one brand is necessarily better than others.

Jim

Wow and you keep doing the boxes? Is it possible that the skunks can also come because of your location? I did two cwi boxes last week and got 9 40% not a skunk so I was happy. Glad to here from you again hope you back feels beter and keep hitting the pennies hard!

bourassa5 said:
Wow and you keep doing the boxes? Is it possible that the skunks can also come because of your location? I did two cwi boxes last week and got 9 40% not a skunk so I was happy. Glad to here from you again hope you back feels beter and keep hitting the pennies hard!

Yup STILLLLLL Going. ;D I am really trying to figure out the system now. I am seeing if I am just gettign my dumps back week to week. I look for coins that have distinct marks on them, I take a picture of the coin and then see if I get it back the following week. So far I have spotted the same 1971 with a big scratch on it twice in three weeks, then I got hurt so now I have to start all over. I wish I just had $5,000 to get a bunch of halves hold them and them dump them out of state. I am hoping after a few months I can tell everyone how the system works LOL!!! The thing is is that I get NIFC's just no silver.

Happy Hunting
Jason

Maby I am no exspert but many you are getting silver cops 8000$ dumps each week :)

I have had about the same luck from CWI and Brinks, some good weeks some skunks, consistency is the key

bourassa5 said:
Maby I am no exspert but many you are getting silver cops 8000$ dumps each week :)

No silver cop isnt near me. As far as I know I havent heard of anyone else hitting the banks like I do. I talk to a lot of tellers to see if they are being hit like I hit them. So far they aren't, and I have hit the banks hard before I re-injured my back. I also traveled all around me. I could be just in an area that doesn't get silver introduced into the flow.
Thanks,
Jason

No that wasn't me. Never got any silver from those banks. They hold it for someone else. I dumped three thousand in halves at one of the banks 2 weeks ago.
Told them that I found them in my grandmothers attic. The teller said that she knows a collector who will be real happy. I said," I don't think that he would be interested because the coins looked real old and dirty and were probably hidden away for 60 years or more,". The other teller said,"lets call him up right now".

aha that's terribly funny I just do dime and half boxes so I won't get in your way

Told them that I found them in my grandmothers attic. The teller said that she knows a collector who will be real happy. I said," I don't think that he would be interested because the coins looked real old and dirty and were probably hidden away for 60 years or more,". The other teller said,"lets call him up right now".
Ritchie you are a cruel cruel man ;D

For half's I only get CWI boxes around me and they are a tossup. A lot of skunks and or just 1 or 2 40% in the box, but every once in awhile I get a box with 24+ silver and it makes it all worth it. :tongue3:

Attachments

• Way to go!!!.jpg
    Way to go!!!.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Way to go!!!.jpg
    Way to go!!!.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 129
Rich Hartford said:
No that wasn't me. Never got any silver from those banks. They hold it for someone else. I dumped three thousand in halves at one of the banks 2 weeks ago.

That is funny. Bet that CRHer had an accident driving to the bank he was so excited about what he thought was waiting.

Jim

I rate mine individually no matter which carrier- when I open it and check tops and bottoms, the one with the most silver showing always wins! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back