What's new

How do you sell ivory?

ThinIce

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2015
Messages
34
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got some ivory pieces I've come across thrift stores. These pieces have no date records or any other Metadata that would verify the origins of the pieces.
 
You'd better have some documentation that it was "harvested" before 1976 or you're going to be in big trouble. Not worth it, imo.
 
Well you can own without documents, but selling you could find your self in some hot water. Try the dark web.
 
Yeah, call U.S. Customs. Years ago ( late 1990's) I had a couple of Colt SSA's and wanted a set of ivory grips for them. Colt informed me that they couldn't get ivory anymore, but did have some and that a pair of grips would cost $450. I passed and I don't know though about buying or selling. Customs will let you know...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom