What's new

How do you swing your coil ?

Gare

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
13,421
Reaction score
30,262
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canton Ohio Area
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your hunting a specific tell us exactly how you swing your coil!!!
 
I swing in an arch up to 180* or less to work around trees and as low to the ground as I can get without touching the ground. I hunt the woods exclusively.
 
If your hunting a specific tell us exactly how you swing your coil!!!
Low and slow on the beach, otherwise you'll miss those whisper tones, which can be really good targets. It's better to thoroughly cover certain ground than to cover a lot of ground, but carelessly. I've found good targets where other detectorists were wildly swinging their coils, not paying attention. Good targets are often dense; dense objects tend to sink deep quickly.
 
My reason for asking this question is to point out a few things NUMBER ONE never swing it while walking (moving) Example if your looking for a small object (lost Ring) you could very well come close to it but not go over it. When you see others moving and swinging they are doing the Z pattern.
I am stationary and swing my coil BOTH ways before moving 1/2 coil length. If a good target is next to a lets say a nail and close to the good target your detector might not recover fast enough pick up the good target. By swinging both ways first you may pick up the good target before the nail
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom