How does one acquire a Treasure Coast lease and what is the typical cost?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The start time is right now every year. End of May early June. Subcontractors pay $2000 per boat, boat must have blowers, and use yellow polypropylene anchor lines on all 3 anchors. Daily logs are sent in electronically monthly, by the end of the month. Everything is written down. Finds are tagged and bagged and kept in water. Not beer can parts. These are turned in at end of season. You need to contact Queens Jewels, and then John Brandon, fir a meet up and sign up. He goes over everything. You get a copy of the subcontractor agreement which is always kept on the boat and a bunch of tags. I can answer any more questions. Steve.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, besides the $2000 and a fully rigged boat, the state takes 20 percent, then you split what is left with Queens Jewels. Of anything you find.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to answer the OP...

bottom line...you dont acquire a lease...

you work an existing one...

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
to answer the OP...

bottom line...you dont acquire a lease...

you work an existing one...

Xaos you are right. You become a sub-contractor working under the Brisbane's lease.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
how do they keep the subs honest?
brady
I asked John Brandon about this a while back.
If there is any question about the applicant's honesty, they do not get a subcontract. Subcontractors and crew are all subject to background checks, etc.
Got a bad reputation, bad credit or can't get along with people? You won't get a subcontract. Basically you are going into business with 1715 Fleet - Queen's Jewels so they have a right to be picky.
Is it fair? I dunno...but it is the way it is...

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked John Brandon about this a while back.
If there is any question about the applicant's honesty, they do not get a subcontract. Subcontractors and crew are all subject to background checks, etc.
Got a bad reputation, bad credit or can't get along with people? You won't get a subcontract. Basically you are going into business with 1715 Fleet - Queen's Jewels so they have a right to be picky.
Is it fair? I dunno...but it is the way it is...

"Is it fair?" Absolutely, too risky a venture to otherwise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread