how good is the tesoro silver sabre umax??

CKaufman

Feb 3, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the chance to buy a silver sabre umax and i was wondering how good of a detector it is. Also wondering how deep it detects compared to the newer silver umax and what a fair price would be for it. I tried it out today for an hour and im trying to get used to the controls i am used to a digital detector. had an ace 250 for the last 3 years. any and all info would be much appreciated...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Silver Umax is one heck of a detector and deeper than the 250 in my book. The price is as high as you feel you want to go up to price of a new one. Add a Clean Sweep Coil and maybe a sniper coil for trashy areas and you have a real finder.

OP
OP
CKaufman

CKaufman

Feb 3, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i took it out again today for a while and i gotta say im having trouble with the controls. guess im used to the digital md's. the only thing i found today was a buncha iron even though i had the disc at 5-6 and even higher at times. also it wasnt detecting very deep. most targets were at 2-3 inches. i dont know what im doing wrong.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever thought there might not be any targets deeper where you searched. The only way to really tell is to build a test garden with items buried at different depths.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions