What's new

How hard is the V nickel and IH to get...

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
I have been seeing alot of the Indian Heads lately and i just wanted to get your imput. i do alot of pennies and nickels. I hit the elusive V nickel last week, now i set my sights on the indian. How hard is it to get the V and indian. IS it more likely for the V then the indian or did i just get lucky.
Keith
 
Upvote 0
From my experience, I believe its easier to get a V-Nickel than it is to get an Indian Head. I have found 2 of each, so I guess there is no hard evidence to back up my statement. But it has been a long time since I got an Indian Head. The deciding factor is what is in your area at any given time.

-Codes
 
I have never found any CRHing, but I have a few of both.
 
Last years V-Nickel numbers were skewed high (I had 4 of the 7 found in one bag).

Also a lot depends on where you search, some areas are more likely to have them than others.
 
I was wondering the samething. So I started a Non-Silver Collective Total thread to see how many of each are found. I hope every adds there # to it so we can get a good indication on how frequently they will pop up. :thumbsup:
 
I found 7 V's and 19 IH's last year.
2.2 mil pennies searched. Far fewer nickels seached- $5K or so.
 
I have never found either but I'm guessing very very hard to find both. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom