What's new

How high will it go? Silver price! $25+ or $30+

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just passed $22. Still going up! Wish I didn't sell a bag at $19.23. Any other factor out there will push the silver to $25?
More bad unemployment data?
 
Upvote 0
fireseye, you are not as far off base as you would appear to be to the avarage reader. I have studied survival techniques based on real life "The poop hit the fan situations", mostly in European theaters. Bottom line was you could buy food and medical supplies much easier with ammunition than you could gold or silver. I can't imagine the situation in the US ever getting to that point but, if you are going to plan on a worst-case-scenereo, then that's another thing to stock up on. Maybe not for you to use but to trade with others for their use. However, I do believe that we could get to the point where gold and silver are more acceptable than the dollar.
Hi Ho Silver, it wouldn't hurt much to sell your 40's at today's price and turn around and buy .9999 in my opinion.
PS-I predict $27 by today's end. :icon_thumleft:
 
...which is why you store "Beans, Bullets and Band-Aids" first, then "Bullion". Silver and Gold are good for "near Collapse" or in the death spiral (now). In total crash it won't be much good to the average folk, but maybe some traders will take it, banking on the coming rebuilt economy.
 
I am melting my silver into bullets for all the warewolfs and undeads that will be out and about WTSHTF. :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
AGCoinHunter said:
I am melting my silver into bullets for all the warewolfs and undeads that will be out and about WTSHTF. :laughing7: :laughing7:

I've spoken with war refugees from WWII on up. In the old days because silver was still in the coin, Gold would get you anything on the black market.
Everything else mentioned above is good for barter as well.
I spoke with some Bosnians last week. They said nobody had gold or silver. Bullets were the big trade item,but tobacco was the top of the line trade item.Just raw tobacco that one can still buy cheap by the pound.
Smoking is almost as bad an addiction as heroin.
HH
Rich
 
Bosnia is one I looked into Rich. Never thought of silver still being in the coin during WWll, I was looking at "modern day" fan hitting. Did the silver coin have value over paper currency? I would think so but, then again, silver didn't have the value and modern day manufacturing uses it has today. I think it was used for the "bomb" though. Now I'll spend more precious days of my life checking this stuff out. Damn! >:(
 
Dang Yinzi, don't look like it will quite reach the $27 prediction but your question is a good one. I think it will get to $30 by Thanksgiving.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom