What's new

How high will it go? Silver price! $25+ or $30+

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just passed $22. Still going up! Wish I didn't sell a bag at $19.23. Any other factor out there will push the silver to $25?
More bad unemployment data?
 
Upvote 0
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

Bad overall everything. You name it. Continued printing of fiat, dollar dropping like a rock, European default fears, QE2, CEO's bleak outlook, congress running home like scared bi*ches without passing budgets and the list goes on and on. AU and AG are on a tear. Dont know if we will see $25 soon but I suspect some time early next year we might.
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

All I know is I used to think it was crazy to buy silver when I can get it at face. Not anymore! I'm going to start buying it on a monthly basis starting in October,and continue to do so before everyone else catches on and there is none left.
HH
Rich
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

I got the silver bug about 6 months ago and have been buying weekly since then - either online or from flea markets/antique co-ops, etc. for melt or less and have been doing quite well. Then I got the CRH bug soon after which helps with the PM collection. I would say a healthy mixture of both would be a wise decision and to get it sooner rather than later. Just my 2 cents.

HH,

$ilver$urfer
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

Mad bump, but silver's at $23.94 and up about 75 cents today! What a bull!
Perhaps we should return to the silver standard? :laughing7:
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

MauserMan said:
Mad bump, but silver's at $23.94 and up about 75 cents today! What a bull!
Perhaps we should return to the silver standard? :laughing7:

Wish we would.
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

It's $24.20!
Now I really wish I didn't sell a bag at $19.23.
I predict that silver will never go back to $9 anymore. More and more silver will be used for healthcare purpose. Nano size silver particles kill gems very effectively. If you add some silver in your bathtub sealings there won't be any molds anymore. House molds can kill people (like britney murphy).
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

Well hopefully it slows down a little. Let me explain. Does anyone else notice that as the silver value increases rapidly the value of the U.S dollar drops. If we see 30, 40, or 50 dollar silver so quickly what would that mean for the dollar for our country for the world economic situation? So when do you sell? And if the dollar is not worth squat what do you sell it for?

Golden silver
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

golden you are right. Silver might be up, but when you sell it, the dollars you get aren't worth much. The ideal way to do it would be to sell it right before it drops again, then your money you get would be worth more. But it's impossible to tell when this would happen.
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

Close to $25.00 an ounce at the close, Wow. I've seen a few of you say $25+ would be your sell point. Who is thinking this?
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

I think the ideal situation would be if the U.S. and world economy recovers and silver goes up do to increase in demand for electronics etc and lack of supply. That way you have silver that is worth more dollars and dollars that go further. Just my thoughts.

Golden Silver
 
I've been thinking about selling some of mine, but I kind of want to wait a little longer. After watching it continue to rise, I think it will keep going for a bit. I don't think any of us expected it to go u this fast. Originally I said I'd sell some at 25 an ounce. I'm thinkin I might wait to see if it gets close to 30 now.
 
timbobwey said:
I've been thinking about selling some of mine, but I kind of want to wait a little longer. After watching it continue to rise, I think it will keep going for a bit. I don't think any of us expected it to go u this fast. Originally I said I'd sell some at 25 an ounce. I'm thinkin I might wait to see if it gets close to 30 now.

When I worked at Merrill Lynch we had a saying. "Don't catcha falling knife". Itmeant to not buy a stock if EVERY day it was dropping, even if it hit your buy point. Becasue it was building momentum and going down more. Wait until it stoped going odwn, and THEN buy.

The same is true here. I'm going to wait. SOmething is happening, and we are not seeing the top yet. We might. Soon. Or it might go MUCH higher (Which it WILL when the dollar crashes). But I can't sell while it is in the middle of a rise llike this. W e gotta wait until it at least stops.

IMHO. Which is all that is. :-)
 
I was going to sell some 40%ers at $25.00 but from what I'm reading they are saying 30-40-50???? I am holding on for a while longer. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
Where is Jim4silver? Usually he is all over a topic like this. Guess he gave up or he is out snachin up the silver while we are discussing it.

Golden silver
 
golden silver said:
Where is Jim4silver? Usually he is all over a topic like this. Guess he gave up or he is out snachin up the silver while we are discussing it.

Golden silver

GS,

I think it is impossible to guess how high silver will go numerically speaking. I do think we will see the 50 dollar mark passed within 2 years, if not higher.

I feel we will have some sort of correction in gold/silver soon. No way to tell how big of a correction we will see. If something causes the stock market to tank like in 2008 (perhaps this mortgage foreclosure "crisis" could be the impetus for such if it spirals out of control and the banks/financial institutions wind up in trouble again???), we could see gold/silver take another big hit like last time since many of the hedge funds/institutional traders will likely unload their profitable gold/silver positions to off set their losing stocks, etc. If there is such a correction it may be the last time to get into PMs in a relatively decent price range for the rest of this bull market.

The next couple of years will be interesting as far as commodity prices in general. I read somewhere that cotton prices recently reached the highest nominal price since the beginning of the exchange 140 years ago.

Just my opinion.

Jim
 
Re: How high it will go? Silver price!

AGCoinHunter said:
Bad overall everything. You name it. Continued printing of fiat, dollar dropping like a rock, European default fears, QE2, CEO's bleak outlook, congress running home like scared bi*ches without passing budgets and the list goes on and on. AU and AG are on a tear. Dont know if we will see $25 soon but I suspect some time early next year we might.

AGCoinHunter:

You nailed it. QE2, it is here and the price passed $26.
 
Check this out.. when crap Really hits the fan, gold and silver will be worthless too..

But resources will not.

Why would I trade my shotgun, car, and 50 gallons of gas for a lump fo shiny metal.

Mind you. Gold and silver will hold out in OUR lives... but in the future, if mass breakdown occurs, gold and silver will plumet.

That is, unless gold or silver bullets and swords are good at killing the aliens, zombies, pirates, robots etc. :icon_sunny:

To the Ship!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom