What's new

How long can you tread water?

Several years back we had another high-water event, although it was nothing
compared to this, but it left a tree on my beach that was ripped up from somewhere
upriver. Damn thing took root, and has been obscuring our beautiful river view.

Was hoping it would get ripped out and sent elsewhere...nope, damn thing's still there. :BangHead:

River is almost back to the flood stage level (28'), and while there's some serious
piles of debris downriver, the event is pretty much over. Appreciate the good thoughts
and prayers...quite a few new homeless people, but as far as I know nobody died or suffered
serious injury.

Had this running in my head all night...:laughing7:

 
Yeah..it's a real mess downriver of us. All the water that passed by here was
just collecting more water from every overflowing creek as it headed west.

I heard this morning that the small border town of Sumas, Wa. flooded badly.
It's a pretty little town with lots of nice folks..hate to see it, but they'll work
through it and rebuild, I'm sure.

All of Western Washington got hammered with this storm..it's the worst I've seen
in 22+ years living here on the river. One of the big challenges now is to get the
massive timber piles cleaned up that are built up around the bases of bridges and
overpasses.
 
How long can I tread water?? Well until I can't anymore ! And not to be joking about it ! I'll push these ole bones until I can't anymore ! and at 79 I've been pushing a lot lately ! I really feel for those people that have / are experiencing any problems because of the weather or anything else ! I've helped the older people (34 years) around my home with their needs over the years and now that most of them have passed , ............ well I'll keep pushing ! GOD BLESS THEM ALL !
 
Un Freakin' believable. On top of record floods, today we've had two earthquakes,
and now there's a monster thunderstorm right on top of us dumping rain in buckets.

The areas downriver are still absolutely decimated by the flood waters, and as of now the
river is on it's way back up.

Round 2, I guess. They did warn us this could happen.

At first I thought Ma Nature was just having PMS, but this seems much closer to menopause.
No doubt some of you gentlemen can relate to that. I try to keep a good attitude, but Ma
Nature is really starting to chafe my arse.
fantasy-witch-43.gif
bur2.gif




Screenshot 2025-12-15 161735.webp
 
I hope everyone is OK and your weather mellows out. Down here we have 7 rivers within 75 miles so it drains fast.
 
Un Freakin' believable. On top of record floods, today we've had two earthquakes,
and now there's a monster thunderstorm right on top of us dumping rain in buckets.

The areas downriver are still absolutely decimated by the flood waters, and as of now the
river is on it's way back up.

Round 2, I guess. They did warn us this could happen.

At first I thought Ma Nature was just having PMS, but this seems much closer to menopause.
No doubt some of you gentlemen can relate to that. I try to keep a good attitude, but Ma
Nature is really starting to chafe my arse. View attachment 2237408View attachment 2237407



View attachment 2237406

Dizzy I’m just now catching up and very glad to see you came through the flooding in good shape. Sorry to see you’re facing another round, on top of the quakes. I’m seeing the whole west coast shaking right now, and the slides from all the rain aren’t helping. Hang tight and keep your powder dry and clean underwear handy, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
 
I hope everyone is OK and your weather mellows out. Down here we have 7 rivers within 75 miles so it drains fast.

We've got a bunch of rivers, too, but this was just more water than they could handle.
The Skagit is the 2nd largest river in Wa., second only to the Columbia, then we've
got the Stillaguamish, the Snohomish and the Nooksack, plus the Sauk, which drains
into the Skagit about eight miles upriver of me. These are all within a 50 mile radius,
as the crow flies.

Wife and I are safe and secure here...water is not going to ever get high enough
to be an issue for us, but that doesn't help all those who are underwater downriver.

So far I've heard of no injuries or fatalities....we had enough warning that those who
needed to prepare and evacuate had enough time to do so. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom