What's new

How long have you been a CRH?

fiddycent

Full Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
177
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
just wondering. I started in late January of '08. Man...I wish I'd started this 15 to 20 years ago...but hey, better late than never. There's still silver out there.
 
Upvote 0
I'm with the GMan as I assume most of us are as far being in it "for the hunt" and the excitement of finding semi-key and key dates as well as silver at face value.

My grandfather who I never knew had coin books that he gave to my father. While in my grandfather's possession, my uncle's as children would pop a nickel here a dime there, etc. to buy something so the books got sparce. So when my Dad finally gave ME the books, you can imagine they were pretty empty (at least relative to what they had been before).

So as a little kid I would get my parents to buy rolls of coins from banks to sort through and try and rebuild the books. From then till now its been a rollercoaster of activity with CRH. From not doing it at all to going through boxes and boxes a week of different coins.

~Dave
 
My oldest coin found in circulation was an old Roman coin, Constantine the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia) that was found earlier this year.
Where in the heck did you find that ??? :icon_scratch:
that has to be a one of a kind find in CRH :thumbsup:
 
mistergee said:
My oldest coin found in circulation was an old Roman coin, Constantine the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia) that was found earlier this year.
Where in the heck did you find that ??? :icon_scratch:
that has to be a one of a kind find in CRH :thumbsup:

It was found in a bag of dimes.
 
"My oldest coin found in circulation was an old Roman coin, Constantine the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia) that was found earlier this year."

that's unbelievable GMAN!!! who in their right mind would have turned that coin in??? i'd love to see a pic.
 
fiddycent said:
"My oldest coin found in circulation was an old Roman coin, Constantine the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia) that was found earlier this year."

that's unbelievable GMAN!!! who in their right mind would have turned that coin in??? i'd love to see a pic.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,135368.0.html

Here is the link to when I needed help ID'ing it. :)
 
Thats really cool gman. I wouldn't dare dream of finding something that old in a bag.

Even though is not worth much, I would cherish such a find as it wouldn't be common in the least for a CRH'er.

Do you have pics of how it turned up after the cleaning?

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom