Silver_Fox
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 16, 2007
- Messages
- 2,494
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Good 'Ol USA /
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250 of course
How Long Have You KNOWN About CRHing Before You STARTED
Since the word came out about the article in WET about CRHing there has been some heated debate about “spreading the news”. Just look at this thread I started.
Coin Roll Hunting: The Next Treasure Hunting Craze? Volume 42 January 2008 WET
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,124449.0.html
So I am wondering, just when did you LEARN about CRHing, not when did you START.
Here is my story.
I was born in 1954. I remember in the early 60’s my Uncle Bill would CRH dimes. Now I am just speculating it was probably after they quit making silver in 1965. Through the years every so often I would think about him doing that and I would think I should buy a few rolls and see if I can find some silver. I thought about it more after I started MDing in May of 2006. But I still never did.
I followed a link from another forum for MDing to this one in May of this year. And that is I when I started. After my 3rd box in as many weeks I went bank searching for loose and hand rolls. I found 2- $20 rolls filled with Bens and Walkers. A few weeks later, another $20 roll filled with 40’s and 90’s. Needless to say I was and still am hooked.
In closing, I knew about CRHing for over 40 years before I even started. If I had of known then what I know now. No regrets tho. My stash is still growing.
Since the word came out about the article in WET about CRHing there has been some heated debate about “spreading the news”. Just look at this thread I started.
Coin Roll Hunting: The Next Treasure Hunting Craze? Volume 42 January 2008 WET
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,124449.0.html
So I am wondering, just when did you LEARN about CRHing, not when did you START.
Here is my story.
I was born in 1954. I remember in the early 60’s my Uncle Bill would CRH dimes. Now I am just speculating it was probably after they quit making silver in 1965. Through the years every so often I would think about him doing that and I would think I should buy a few rolls and see if I can find some silver. I thought about it more after I started MDing in May of 2006. But I still never did.
I followed a link from another forum for MDing to this one in May of this year. And that is I when I started. After my 3rd box in as many weeks I went bank searching for loose and hand rolls. I found 2- $20 rolls filled with Bens and Walkers. A few weeks later, another $20 roll filled with 40’s and 90’s. Needless to say I was and still am hooked.
In closing, I knew about CRHing for over 40 years before I even started. If I had of known then what I know now. No regrets tho. My stash is still growing.
Upvote
0








