What's new

How many banks do you need to CRH?

bouje

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
So I've read a ton of the old posts and I still can't figure something out at CRH'ing. I'm in downtown Chicago so obviously there isn't a shortage of banks. My question is how many bank accounts at different banks do I need because there are so many different branches? I was thinking that you should have a dump banking institution and then a pick up banking institution? Is this the correct line of thinking because obviously I don't want my dumps back.

Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
That's all that I have. I know some people have multiple accounts because they do a lot of volume.

I only get 1-2 boxes a week and what ever I can find in loose or rolls.

My dump bank has a customer operated coin counter so the tellers don't care how much I dump. I just bring them the receipt and they deposit or cash it for me.
 
bouje said:
So I've read a ton of the old posts and I still can't figure something out at CRH'ing. I'm in downtown Chicago so obviously there isn't a shortage of banks. My question is how many bank accounts at different banks do I need because there are so many different branches? I was thinking that you should have a dump banking institution and then a pick up banking institution? Is this the correct line of thinking because obviously I don't want my dumps back.

Thanks!

Depends on how many you can keep up with. I had to cut mine down to just a few. but i keep a good amount in them so they dont just think I'm using them for coinage
 
I have 10 bank accounts. And having accounts with the big ones, i.e. Wells Fargo, Chase, BOA, etc pays off on the road when u need dump banks. Better hurry though "free checking" is a dying breed, with all the new banking regulations. Banks had to shift how they nickle and dime us.

Welcome and good luck!
 
There is no "set" number of accounts you need to CRH. Every situation is different. The more accounts you have, the more options you have. Some banks will not deal with you if you do not have an account. Some don't seem to mind one way or the other. My advice is to just open accounts as they become necessary to do what you want to do. For example a few months ago I was in a bank that had a coin counting machine. I inquired about buying the halves from the machine. They told me it would be no problem if I had an account. I opened an account and they pulled the bag and sold it to me on the spot. I will continue to buy the bag from that machine in the future.

Now just because you dump your rejects at a different bank than you bought them does not mean that you won't get your own dumps back. If both banks use the same coin sorting facility (Brinks, Loomis, etc) you very well may get your own dumps back. Unfortunately, that isn't even an option for me. Every bank within 50+ miles of me uses the same facility. Being in Chicago, you should have no problem.
 
as many as are needed

I join every bank that says i need an acount unless that bank has almost no branches, I have joined banks with no branches in my town or county, i have even joined banks without branches in my state.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom