Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xupz said:
I can't even stand to read that garbled post above. I mean why bother trying to debate an issue with someone who can't even figure out how to use "quote" & "/quote".

I agree. Realde, I've gotten a bit weary deciphering your obfuscated posts, so I've stopped trying. If you direct anything further to me that you don't want me to just ignore, then you'll need to figure out how to properly use quotes. It's not that hard. Really.

- Carl

J

Jean310

Carl-NC said:
xupz said:
I can't even stand to read that garbled post above. I mean why bother trying to debate an issue with someone who can't even figure out how to use "quote" & "/quote".

I agree. Realde, I've gotten a bit weary deciphering your obfuscated posts, so I've stopped trying. If you direct anything further to me that you don't want me to just ignore, then you'll need to figure out how to properly use quotes. It's not that hard. Really.

- Carl

Carl and Xupz ----

Yeah, what's up with Realde and his blatant mis-use of the the "quote" HTML commands? (rhetorical) I mean, even with properly quoted text, his and Art's messages are hard enough to make sense out of, but when the quote is purposely garbled it becomes near impossible. About a day ago, I pressed the Ignore User button on Realde, and you'd be surpised how much easier it is to read the new messages in each thread. Just curious, has he been quoting like that from day one?

Jean

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he ehehheheheheheheehehehhehehh wonderful, It seems that all of you are able to read them with no problems when you find a fault in them, so does that means that you tacitly admit that you have no answers for the infamous post #6 among others? Taking the easy way out?

Tropical Tramp

J

Jean310

JudyH said:
And he has never used HTML protocol in any form, that I have seen....
Judy

Yeah...... I know, an you've just clearly defined the problem. You go to the head of the class, dear. Didn't take you long to zero right in on it.

LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jean

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey JudyH..This forum is a laugh a minute...Jean and af both adding something to my Quotes. One of the favorite tricks is to ask a question and then when you answer it they go back and modify their post. Another trick is to change their name so they can answer their own posts. Heck..There is one guy here that posts as a dowser and a skeptic and argues with himself....Art

J

Jean310

aarthrj3811 said:
Jean and af both adding something to my Quotes. ....Art

Whoa! Wait a minute bud. What have I added to your quotes? I don't mind being blamed for things I actually did, but let's not start making things up, 'cause that could get out of hand in hurry. >:(

Jean

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JudyH said:
....you can't answer a question, so you ignore the question...and the person asking the question....and all pat each other on the back in your smug superiority??

You mean, like:

"OK, does this sound like a reasonable approach so far? If so, we can continue with it."

<crickets> Silence </crickets>

So much for "Wanted: Suggestions for designing a test for dowsing."

- Carl

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Jean310 ]
And he has never used HTML protocol in any form, that I have seen....Judy
\\\\\\\\\\
Jean-
eYeah...... I know, an you've just clearly defined the problem. You go to the head of the class, dear. Didn't take you long to zero right in on it.LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hmm it does sound like hysterical embarrassed laughter at that.

If you don't wish to discuss the infamous post # 6 try post # 88 in food for thought. or is even that too difficult?

p.s. even if I am on ignore, which I seriously doubt since you might miss out on something to pounce upon, I am sure that your fellow egotists - friends ? - will happily pass on my challenge. also tell them to keep up the good work in looking for a rebuttal to my challenge on the net, which is probably why they are sooo quiet and have left you alone...

Tropical Tramp

p.p.s. If we can ever forget the self aggrandizing ego play and condescending talk, and talk to each other as equals, this could be an interesting discussion

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=Carl-NC you can't answer a question, so you ignore the question...and the person asking the question....and all pat each other on the back in your smug superiority
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
You mean, like:
"OK, does this sound like a reasonable approach so far? If so, we can continue with it."<crickets> Silence </crickets>
So much for "Wanted: Suggestions for designing a test for dowsing." - Carl

sheesh, what a scintillating brilliant repartee' carl, right to the throat ???

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=SWR link]
so does that means that you tacitly admit that you have no answers for the infamous post #6 among others?
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

You fail to realize there are no questions asked in the infamous post #6.

Ok swr I am now officially asking you, and the violent antidowsing group , to discuss the points raised in post #6 & post #88 and refute or acknowledge them, if you can. I am sure that your statistics friends can help you.

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=SWR link=[

Ms Judy...in your PM to me on 19DEC06 you clearly stated: "I am merely trying to raise the level of debate in the Dowsing forums from its current " Yes, I can "..." No, You can't " state of affairs. A transfusion of new blood...... "

If the post above is an example of rasing the level...you have failed in your task :(
What are your contributions swr?

Tropical Tramp

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
diggummup said:
aarthrj3811 said:
The only question here is HOW MANY COINS WILL I FIND?
SWR said:
Answer this mathemeticians,how many off-topic posts does it take to hijack a thread? Hmmm? ::) I don't remember anyone asking for any of this crap!

aarthrj3811 said:
If they want to talk about something else they can start another thread....Art

Ummm,er....isn't the question based on math? "How many" usually does ;)
Refresh your memory.With an emphasis on "only" in the original question.The question refers to a specific number,not the mathematical formulas and/or probabilities to get to that number.I understand that you do not believe in dowsing,neither do I,but this guy deserves respect just as you and I would expect it.Especially in this part of the forum,where it is most applicable.Instead you continue to be facetious and childlike.I applaude your efforts Jim,belittling as they are.Unfortunately,your true colors are shown throughout this forum.Good day.

Allow me to lead you through the original post:

“OK now ....I am a Dowser..I am going to take one of those Scentific Double-Blind Test. There will be one coin placed under one of 10 cups. I will make my run and be scored. I will make a total of 10 runs. How many coins will I find?. Now you have to remember that all Dowsing is the same as guessing.The only question here is HOW MANY COINS WILL I FIND?”

Above is the original post. The only thing emphasized (in all capitol letters) is: “HOW MANY COINS WILL I FIND”. I have put the emphasized portions in bold, to help you. The all-caps verbage IS the emphasis. The entire post IS a mathematical question.
I'm not here to argue with you SWR.I would like to apologize for my personal comments towards you.After watching this thread,I have to say,I am in total agreement with you,concerning your opinions on this particular thread.We will never know the results of this test so there is no point even watching or replying to this FIASCO any more,it's not worth my time.Life's too short! :)

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JudyH said:
Btw....I think those are the same crickets I hear in the background every time I ask you the question I asked on that thread..... :-\

Here is a sum total of all the questions you asked me on that thread:

Answer to question #1.....am considering all that are suggested, Carl....do you have one?

I replied.

Answer to question #2.....still taking suggestions, Carl.......do you have one?

I replied.

Question for you, Carl.......
....... Is this your excuse for not using "RealScience" in your own tests for it?

I've thoroughly covered this in prior threads.

So tell me, Judy, exactly why are you afraid to discuss my suggestions? Too closed minded?

- Carl

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=JudyH judy P.S. Sorry RealDeal...I forgot about you, Love... :-*...you ARE perfect....and never miss a chance to remind me.... ;D
K as ordered I am perfect! I am perfect!! I am perfect!!. hmm why doesn't xu or jean think so ?? sniff

hmm, come to think of it, neither does my Tiger sigh. Hey, My doggie does !

Tropical Tramp

J

Jean310

aarthrj3811 said:
Sorry Jean..I could not find the post I was talking about....Art

If you can't find it, I guess it doesn't exist. Maybe you had me confused with someone else. After all, I only have about 50+ postings total. An apology would be good, about now.

Jean

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
No apology is neccessary....Quotes and post have a habit of becoming missing around here. If I could find your post and my post I would re-post them....I know what I read....Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread