how many grams does it take

weight up each type and this link will give you a estimate of its value!!! scrap gold buyers will give you different prices due to there overhead and costs play it safe and educate your self before selling and dont mail it away to one of those @rap for gold places!!!

http://www.goldperounce.net/

There are 31.1 grams in a Troy ounce. Think of Karet as the purity or gold mixed with the base metals. Like 18 Kt. is 75% gold.

It helps to weigh your gold yourself so you know what you have. Most refinerer don't except any gold in person any more due to security reasons. Never send your gold off to anyplace that advertises on TV or says they'll offer you something like 20% above others. Refinerers like Midwest pay 96% of the spot price for the karet on the day they melt it down. What they do is melt all the gold together and then test that to see its purity. However they don't send you any stones back while ARA Refinery pays 98% and returns stones or anything that isn't real gold unlike Midwest.

thanks everyone for the information its actually simpler than i thought, now i understand it better. i sold some gold items earlier this year and now i see that i sold it too cheap, wont happen again thanks to you guys. suprdav

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back