What's new

How much coin does everyone do on a weekly basis?

tank014

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Just wondering how much everyone does weekly.

I do 2000 in halves and about 500 to 750 in dimes every week.

HH,
Frank
 
Upvote 0
Calling this the 36th complete week of the year (was actually 9/9/2008), my weekly search averages are the following:

Pennies = $270.95
Nickels = $324.06
Dimes = $902.36
Quarters = $287.96
Halves = $109.40

Total coins/week = approx. 44000

Granted some weeks are much heavier than others.
 
I quit ordering halves back in May, as they were lousy CWI boxes, started doing dimes with good luck, mainly to fill the Roosevelt folder. Started in May averaging $1k a week, with an avererage of $100 handrolled halves a week. I don't expect to do as much searching now as I'm burnt out and the melt $$ has crashed. AMC
 
Sorry, I don't give that out for security reasons. No one needs to know how much $$ I carry.
 
oh about $2000 in halves $750 in dimes and the occasional penny box when I can't get anything else. And silver will go back up eventually, not to mention that it is still selling for $15-$17 an ounce on ebay.
 
So far it is

333,200 pennies or 9256 a week ($92.56)
104,700 nickels or 2909 a week ($145.45)
193,200 dimes or 5367 a week ($536.70)
186,690 quarters or 5186 a week ($1296.50)
237,073 halves or 6585 a week ($3292.50)
158 large dollars or 4 a week ($4)
11,877 small dollars or 330 a week ($330)

about 29,635 coins a week, like GMan said though it varies.

Brian
 
I've been averaging $60K to $70K per week. Need to in order to keep the finds coming in as they are getting harder to find.
 
I agree with The Fox.

OPSEC.

Robin
 
XX said:
I've been averaging $60K to $70K per week. Need to in order to keep the finds coming in as they are getting harder to find.

XX -
$60K to $70K per week?!?!?!?!? Wowsers!! No wonder where all the silver goes!!!!
- Grizz
 
Mentone Grizz said:
XX said:
I've been averaging $60K to $70K per week. Need to in order to keep the finds coming in as they are getting harder to find.

XX -
$60K to $70K per week?!?!?!?!? Wowsers!! No wonder where all the silver goes!!!!
- Grizz

If it weren't for two cooperative branches, I wouldn't be able to hit that volume, but if I was stuck with $1k to $2k at each branch (very common) I just wouldn't be able to do that volume as the silver levels are no where near where they were last year.

Still, you don't know how jealous I am of LJ and her ability to just drop off $1k bags to cash in. If I could do that, I would probably up the volume even more. Picking up is easy, but as it is, I spend my whole lunch hour everyday cashing in (eat my lunch at my desk in case you were wondering).
 
"Picking up is easy, but as it is, I spend my whole lunch hour everyday cashing in (eat my lunch at my desk in case you were wondering)."

XX -
That is just what I do. Eat my lunch at my desk so I can spend my lunches (and breaks) buying/dumping. Sometimes I even manage to squeeze in a little detecting, as I work in an older downtown area that dates back to the 1850's. I say it's better than sitting in the lunchroom, or worse yet, working through my lunchtime!!
- Grizz
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom