How much would you pay to dump bags?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free in my area. No deposit, trade bags of nickel/copper clad for cash. If I did not have this setup id probably reduce my volume considerably.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free in my area. No deposit, trade bags of nickel/copper clad for cash. If I did not have this setup id probably reduce my volume considerably.

I so wish I had that. Here there's a three day waiting period. I've only done it a few times, the third time my $1000 was tied up for a solid MONTH and they couldn't locate it.

I would pay a fee if I could dump unlimited bags with no hassle, since overall I would make more with the increased volume I could do. I wouldn't pay much though, maybe $1 per bag maximum

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I so wish I had that. Here there's a three day waiting period. I've only done it a few times, the third time my $1000 was tied up for a solid MONTH and they couldn't locate it.

I would pay a fee if I could dump unlimited bags with no hassle, since overall I would make more with the increased volume I could do. I wouldn't pay much though, maybe $1 per bag maximum

Yeah, $1/bag would be my max too.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pay for my bags but my dumps are free. I have 5 banks i dump at.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, it would depend on my average finds. If I was getting "Rich Hartford back-in-the-day" boxes, I'd pay quite a bit for unlimited, 1-stop, no-muss no-fuss dumping. Maybe as much as $10 per bag.

For my current 1 40% per 2 boxes average, I might go as high as $1 per bag so long as it was unlimited. That way I could up my order to 20-30 boxes per week to see if my boxes really are that bad or I am just unlucky.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to a bank close to work, trying to make it my main dump bank. I've dumped about $1,500.00 in rolled halves here. On this day, I went to buy some dimes. Nosey teller asked, "Are you going to return these?" I thought about going all "eminem" on her, but just said, "Yeah, probably" with the biggest smile on my face. She then said, "don't bother rolling them, just dump them in here." She then gave me a handful of Coinsafe bags..! Whoo-hoo...! No more rolling for Rush, thanks to Miss Nosey...! Turns out she is way cool, and is the vault teller. Now I can dump to my heart's content... straight exchange for cash. No fee.

A different teller at a different bank told me there was a 3 dollar fee to exchange the bag of coins. This was after she wrote all over the bag and had it for about 5 minutes... I said, "Nope, give it back...!" She looked at me all crazy but handed it back. Went to another branch a mile away, all smiles and no fee. I'll pay a small fee to exchange foreign currency, but US currency...? No way.... U-S-A ! U-S-A!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Arkie said, it depends on how much silver I was culling. I would gladly pay whatever as long as I knew I would still make a healthy profit on the deal. I am fortunate enough to be able to dump 2 $500 bags of halves each branch I go to w/no fees and cash on the spot. To keep from being annoying, I rotate the branches I go to so I don't dump at the same branch more than every 6 weeks of so. I do a fair amount of driving, which is time-consuming and puts some miles on my car, but at least it's easy and I can recycle my bankroll twice a week.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't pay anything. I already pay a fee for an account. last Friday when i took my box of halves to my dump bank, which happens to be the main branch in the city, the tellers at the window did the "not it with fingers to the nose" when I walked in. They were joking because they all knew that they had enough now to clear out their individual banks and send my drops back to the coin rolling company. the funny thing was, that although I am required by the bank to bring rolled coins back, the tellers have to unroll it and dump it in a bag. I asked if there was any way i could make it easier on them, and the teller told me not to worry about it, it was something to take up the time during slow times. This week, I will ask her if it would be easier on them for me to bring them back in a bag and they weigh it or something. I will just make sure I let them know I am trying t make it easier on them. They might start saving me some old coins.

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
If you could get your search time down to 5 minutes a box and drop time down to 15 minutes for 5k worth of dumps what would that be worth?

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
If you only had to spend 5 minutes on a skunk box and dump them fast as you work your way to the good boxes would that make it worth a few bucks a bag?

Maine_Jim

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Zippo. Its legal tender, I am a customer, give me customer service and provide efficient ways to deposit my funds. I get the argument some make that they "dont have to" etc etc...but I am still firm on this. Maybe I am just an a$$? :laughing7:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me... there is a direct correlation between silver and fun. If I find a lot of silver, I'm having a lot of fun. If I don't find much, I'm not having much fun. It also makes the shame/inconvenience/time/etc of dumping a whole lot less when I just pulled a shiz load of silver out of the boxes I'm taking back! So, to me, the guy on here having the most fun is probably TimZim right now. And yes, I am jealous of him and wish I could do his volume. Pretty sure he has it down to about 5-7 min/box.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you could get your search time down to 5 minutes a box and drop time down to 15 minutes for 5k worth of dumps what would that be worth?

Maine_Jim

say 1 40% a box. 5k worth of dumps is 10 40%s, or fifty bucks in those ten boxes. if it would take me 5 mins per box, that's fifty minutes, so just over an hour with dumping time to make fifty bucks. If I was doing this methodically and taking time away from my job I would have to make $20-$30 an hour, so my final answer: that would be worth $25 an hour for me (assuming pickup time in nearly negligible, which is unlikely)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread