Re: How often does Barber's or Seated's or V-Nickels pop up in CRH?
In ten months of coin roll hunting I've found one barber dime, a 1914-D. However, I was extremely lucky during my first couple of months of CRH. I walked into a bank and asked if they had any half dollars. The teller went to the vault and came back with just a bit over three hundred dollars worth of fed rolls. I took them and drove off to a nice secluded spot to go through them. Wasn't expecting much but managed to pull some good silver out of it. Lots of 90's...Kennedys and Franklins. About halfway through the rolls I opened one up and saw the distinct shine of a 90. The reeds on the edge of the coin were almost totally worn down so I figured it may be an early date Walker. I almost fell out of my seat when I saw the date. 1858-O!!! A freaking Seated Liberty!!! Minted in New Orleans! Unbelievable. That coin is my best find. Doubt I'll ever top that.
A month or so later the Mrs. and I were going through a few boxes when she looked at me and said, "I've never seen one like this." That got my interest! I looked over at the coin in her hand and realized she'd found our first Barber! It was a 1905-S.
I've never found another Barber and I seriously doubt I'll ever find another Seated Liberty but hey...one of each is good enough for my little stash.