ctodd

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Corona, CA
Detector(s) used
Royal drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi guys, I'm new to drywashing. I was wondering how often do you guys clean out your drywashers. I've been doing it about every 4-5 buckets. I am thinking maybe to increase it to every 3-4. Also, what if I run my accumulated concentrates through the drywasher to concentrate more? I hear that some people are running concentrates throught a Gold Cube to do this. Thanks for any input.

stegmj

Greenie
Mar 4, 2013
Edwards AFB, CA
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi guys, I'm new to drywashing. I was wondering how often do you guys clean out your drywashers. I've been doing it about every 4-5 buckets. I am thinking maybe to increase it to every 3-4. Also, what if I run my accumulated concentrates through the drywasher to concentrate more? I hear that some people are running concentrates throught a Gold Cube to do this. Thanks for any input.

CT, I'm cleaning out at 15-20 5 gal buckets, or at .5 yard. But I'm pretty confident in my machine. What I would suggest is learn to quick pan with a safety pan under and check/test your tails every once in a while. you'll be loosing some but you can adjust your process this way.

Theres so many variables involved that you'd have to purchace a machine exactly as I"m using and run the same kind of material that I do to produce = results.. IMHO

SO my answer.... = test test test... Dig DIG DIG

I do have a cube and am deciding whether I"ll ever take it to the desert again or just run my cons at the house!

I"m getting so good at the pan I"m afraid I wasted my money on something I coulda skipped... But it is fun to open it and see 1/2" pickers resting in the top of the first vortex area!!!!

???EDIT??? Just noticed your running a royal, just let er run dude... if you can use the break after filling 10 then goto 10!

I know folks that just shovel mats into it for ever!

...... When it comes down to it though its all about your confort/confidence level!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Which Royal do you have? The reason I ask Royal now has a midsize Dry Washer. You have in my opinion the best Dry Washer on the market. The quality is second to none. When you compare "ALL" others in workmanship, size, material used, and price per size of dry washer there is not a better dry washer. Sure someone will come along (Terry S) and state otherwise but you and I know it’s a damn good machine, no its a "GREAT" machine. Bottom line all dry washers work on the same principal in regards to their design, but I am a perfectionist I suppose thats the Engineer in me. I like quality and Royal exhibits quality in their entire line of products.

Hopper 21"x24" Large Royal Dry Washer

DryWasher.jpg

Hopper 15" x 18" Medium Dry Washer

royalg.png

royalexplorer.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ctodd

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Corona, CA
Detector(s) used
Royal drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Which Royal do you have? The reason I ask Royal now has a midsize Dry Washer. You have in my opinion the best Dry Washer on the market. The quality is second to none. When you compare "ALL" others in workmanship, size, material used, and price per size of dry washer there is not a better dry washer. Sure someone will come along (Terry S) and state otherwise but you and I know it’s a damn good machine, no its a "GREAT" machine. Bottom line all dry washers work on the same principal in regards to their design, but I am a perfectionist I suppose thats the Engineer in me. I like quality and Royal exhibits quality in their entire line of products.

Hopper 21"x24" Large Royal Dry Washer

View attachment 753215

Hopper 15" x 18" Medium Dry Washer

View attachment 753232

View attachment 753240

I have the large one. I hear that there is a waiting list for them. I was lucky enough to obtain a demo. Barely used. I have used it twice. There is an article in Gold Prospector magazine about it (current issue).

LIL Digger

Mar 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
todd I have the keene 151 and i dump the tray about every 2 hours at my rate of shoveling it works out to be about 1 and half to 2 yards if my tray is not full of black sand behind the riffles then i will run more for a medium size machine you are
normally safe with 15 to 20 buckets or about 200 shovel fulls give or take 10 my gold buddy i used b4 the 151 was good for 20 bucket clean outs can do around 40 with the 151 hope this helps Happy Hunting

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When to dump the pay dirt into a bucket depends on the riffle board load; if bottom material is not moving, it's past time to dump the board.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread