how old is everyone here?

daveycleaning

Sep 22, 2005
hey guys i was just wondering hot old everyone is because i am just getting into TH and i have found that a lot of people are older. Which is cool because of the experience but i was wondering why there is not very many younger people like me. I am 20 years old. just thought it would be interesting!

Upvote 1

cudamark

Gold Member
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting in 1970 at the age of 17......you do the math! :laughing7:

Possum Trot

Jan 20, 2023
hey guys i was just wondering hot old everyone is because i am just getting into TH and i have found that a lot of people are older. Which is cool because of the experience but i was wondering why there is not very many younger people like me. I am 20 years old. just thought it would be interesting!
Pushing seventy five.

MojaveSteve

Greenie
Jan 2, 2023

Started out with a Salvation Army Santa complete with bell and pot.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't believe I never posted on this thread. I was 40 when it started and now I'm 58. It's amazing how this hobby has changed in the last 18 years.

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
39 here

RussFed

Greenie
Oct 17, 2021
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 and Bounty Hunter IV
I'm the old man in the group. I'm 65 and just started detecting a year and a half ago. It's great exercise but my legs get very tired the next day and I can barely walk.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm the old man in the group. I'm 65 and just started detecting a year and a half ago. It's great exercise but my legs get very tired the next day and I can barely walk.
Keep it up my friend, the positive mental and physical benefits are the true treasure of this hobby.

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
35. started metal detecting about 4 years ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread