Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In America 350 years is old. In Europe thousands of years are old. America has built so many magnificent monuments from our advanced machine age. Europe was built by hand. How many, how long requires some digging. But so what..

Manpower is the question we all have looking at Pyramids or Roman Ruins. Mostly "glad it wasn't me". Good places to travel to.

In our southwest caliche is so difficult to excavate it isn't usually done. So our understanding of what can be built by hand is limited. What HAS been built over the centuries by hand?

ETHIOPIA was the center of Coptic Religion. And always under attack. In LALIBELA ...

The small town of Lalibela in Ethiopia is home to one of the world's most astounding sacred sites: eleven rock-hewn churches, each carved entirely out of a single block of granite with its roof at ground level.

This is truly mind boggling! I am boggled... I just ran across this site so am ignorant to the facts. Why, when and how. Especially WHY?
The search I followed was about the HOLY GRAIL. That one.. Safely stored and protected in a solid obsidian church in the jungles of Ethiopia. Followed some travel tips to that area and the eleven solid granite churches pretty much got my attention. Here is a link...
So when we ponder how-the-heck could such things be built? Guess it depends on the importance of what it's built for. I think we pretty much understand how the Spanish miners chipped away at mountain tops but are still amazed! Obviously purpose built WOW
BB

coptic01.jpg coptic02.jpg coptic03.jpg coptic04.jpg

Rock-Cut Churches of Lalibela - Lalibela, Ethiopia

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Buffalo Bob

I have been very fortunate to have traveled the world and visited many sites that have taken my breath away. I am always astounded by the creative determination of mankind regardless of race and cultural identity or even religion. Mankind can create wonderful monuments to faith and determination that leaves us faithless modern day adventurers in Awe.

Crow

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Buffalo Bob

I have been very fortunate to have traveled the world and visited many sites that have taken my breath away. I am always astounded by the creative determination of mankind regardless of race and cultural identity or even religion. Mankind can create wonderful monuments to faith and determination that leaves us faithless modern day adventurers in Awe.

Crow

Amen to that. Shoppimg centers don't last 25 years. Build and rebuild. Think about Mt Rushmore.. a single mans vision. It will last longer than most of america. The governments longest lasting monuments are..
Missile Silos
Deep Underground Military Bases (DUMB)
The lavishly decorated (Rockefeller Rooms) DUMB for Washington and 29 families to survive.
Exclusive Nazi cities (Berlin) built underground in Glacier Park, Montana. [you will be shot]
Rocky Flats Plutonium radiation.. 1/2 life 50k years+
Spent uranium fuel storage sites
All nuclear sites
Concrete structures in america last 25-50 years. In Europe 2,000+ years
And probably other double-secret sites only a few know about.
america is a use and dispose society. It is not surprising that many are moving anywhere else than here. Lose their citizenship? bfd. wHAT'S LEFT TO LOSE.
bb

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HOW DEEP ARE JESUIT TREASURES or Tools buried?

Minimum 5-7" deep. So metal detecting may not work.
BB

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly much can be said about a culture by viewing it's buildings……what it values, or does not value.
What does our present culture, with it's buildings, say about us today?
Certain is we all will die, and then what? Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, what does it profit a man to gain the world……….

Vaya con Dios y viva Christo Rey mis amigos

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread