What's new

How old is this bullet?

Kat14

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in my back yard. Cool little find, but does anyone know if this is an early 1900's? It's small like a .22 but has little ridges around the bottom. Has me curious. Thank you in advance.

I have added new photos. Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • image-1612398002.webp
    image-1612398002.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 135
  • image-674531221.webp
    image-674531221.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 131
  • image-58028539.webp
    image-58028539.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 115
  • image-306472341.webp
    image-306472341.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Could be a .22 short, we'd need accurate measurements to confirm. .22 short has been around since 1857, but yours having a reeded groove would date after around 1880. Sorry, I know that's quite a long date range, but it'll be hard to be any more precise than that I think.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom