What's new

how rare is the bicentenial cud error?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking at every single bicentenial searching for the cud error and I am just not seeing anything, is it that rare? this is the one I am referring too......
 

Attachments

  • cud error.webp
    cud error.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Hey, :D

Page 390 of my Redbook says $75.00 I am sure this price goes up or down depending on how much of the coin is defective. :icon_study:

Cool find !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D
 
I'm approaching the half a million halves searched mark and I have only found (6) 1976 reverse cuds at the 2 o'clock position and (1) 1976 reverse cud at the 10 o'clock position. They are hard to find!

Here are a few of mine.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00905.webp
    DSC00905.webp
    16 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC00907.webp
    DSC00907.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC00905.webp
    DSC00905.webp
    16 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC00907.webp
    DSC00907.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 286
wow nice finds! I did NOT find the one above it was merely a picture I found I use for reference trying to find one!
 
OK, now what about a cud on the obverse of the bicentennial half? I found one that has a cud on the 6 in 1976. Anyone located one of these or ever heard of it? I have never seen anyone post anything about finding one. I'm not at home, so I can't post a pic. I will put one up on Monday if anyone wants to see it. Thanks in advance.

HH
cmhoose
 
I would like to see the pic!
 
Well I looked through about 10 boxes trying to find one and failed to find one. :tongue3:
 
Wow ive found many.....just though they were damaged......hrmm
 
cmhoose said:
OK, now what about a cud on the obverse of the bicentennial half?  I found one that has a cud on the 6 in 1976.  Anyone located one of these or ever heard of it?  I have never seen anyone post anything about finding one.  I'm not at home, so I can't post a pic.  I will put one up on Monday if anyone wants to see it.  Thanks in advance.

HH
cmhoose

Here we go.  No rim damage what so.  Small cud, but interesting. Pics aren't the best because they were done on the scanner.
 

Attachments

  • 1976 Obverse Cud Close Up.webp
    1976 Obverse Cud Close Up.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 1976 Obverse Cud.webp
    1976 Obverse Cud.webp
    17 KB · Views: 167
So can someone tell me if these worth anything? ....to whom? .....
 
I don't have the patience to look for these errors. But at 75 dollars maybe I should work on it.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom