What's new

How the Silver U-Max is treating me

DingoDon

Greenie
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello all,

Thought I might give you a report on my finds the over the last 7 weeks. Usually hunt between 2-4 hours, 4-5 days a week.

1 - 50 cent piece
46- Quarters
87- Dimes
30- Nickles
353-Pennies
2 - Silver rings, 1 silver earring, 1 silver StChis Medal and chain, 2 hot wheels, and lots of pulltabs, canslaw and misc junk. No silver coins yet or gold rings. Sure been having fun with the Silver U. Don.
 
I use one too and really like it. What kind of sites have you been hitting?
 
DingoDon,

Are you using the 8" coil on it? Joe
 
I have one that I pack on my motorcycle and hit tot lots and parks with it with the stock coil. Nice, light simple, compact and very capable detector.
 
Using the stock 8" coil, hunting in local parks and school grounds. Deepest coin so far was the only wheat cent at about 5-6". Been considering larger coil maybe 9x8? any thoughts? Don.
 
DingoDon,

Look up some of the past posts concerning Tneter's using larger coils and the widescan coils on the Silver. Most have had good luck and it has been worthwhile. If you have moderate to heavy mineralization in your area the widescans help with that. Be careful of the widescans if you hunt trashy areas because they bridge multiple targets more. Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom