How to access a coinstar reject bin?

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
there are two reject bins, an external one for customers to get the coins coinstar doesn't take, then an internal one for catching junk the screen doesn't shift out and the really beat up or too big of a coin. I have found many of Ike dollars in the internal reject bin because they are just too big to go through the external one. External ones are for any customer or person with a sharp eye to get coins left behind. rather than do the scoop method to check, run your fingers around the edges. I have found many of silver dimes caught and hidden by the inch high ledge in the reject bin. Hope this helps.

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
Will45

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are two reject bins, an external one for customers to get the coins coinstar doesn't take, then an internal one for catching junk the screen doesn't shift out and the really beat up or too big of a coin. I have found many of Ike dollars in the internal reject bin because they are just too big to go through the external one. External ones are for any customer or person with a sharp eye to get coins left behind. rather than do the scoop method to check, run your fingers around the edges. I have found many of silver dimes caught and hidden by the inch high ledge in the reject bin. Hope this helps.

Sincerely, Garoulady

How did you access the internal bin?

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

Coinstar.jpg

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Garo - do you work at a supermarket and have a Coinstar key?

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I work at a store that has a coinstar. I can get the key to open it, accessing the internal reject bin, only by getting it from my manager. They trust me since the coinstar is one of my 'babies' along with all the SCOs, self check out lanes. Normal everyday customers can not get access to the internal reject bin. Not unless you want to go to jail for breaking into one of those. I don't push my luck opening up the coinstar to clean the insides out. I mostly find Ike dollars inside, and some foreign coins that I tend to love. But i keep my hunts to the external reject bins and listening for the silver song of rejected silver. Then if I am lucky I get the customer to come to my lane, to see if they had any coins the machine didn't take. I even take the canadian coins. If I am lucky I can find some pre-1967 canook silver.

Hope that helps and please don't get any funny idea about B&E on coinstars. It's so much more fun to hunt than go to jail.

Sincerely, GarouLady

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

You can push the plastic at the bottom just slightly and get a cent or two if you're lucky from the bin, otherwise, you need to work at a supermarket.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can push the plastic at the bottom just slightly and get a cent or two if you're lucky from the bin, otherwise, you need to work at a supermarket.

Interesting... I work pt at a grocery store with one, i should ask the desk manager if she has the keys for it.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting... I work pt at a grocery store with one, i should ask the desk manager if she has the keys for it.

and put them in clay (or silly putty if you are not a real professional), take it too a lock smith and have them massed produced and sell them on T-net with a charter membership for alot of money. sounds like a plan eekman, whatchuthink?

me and joe will be your first customers

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you do it yourself?

Yes and No Just take all of your Dirty clad In and Run it through the Machine Eventually it will Jam up Then the Nice People will Show up with the Key and If you are really Nice They will Let you search through the Other Bin!!! I Have Done it a few times Nothing Yet Chug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread