Ole # 7
Full Member
- Joined
- Feb 13, 2014
- Messages
- 117
- Reaction score
- 54
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Ok, guys. I'm so new that I haven't had my detector a full week yet. Everything I know I've learned from Landlord Jim, (my local Whites dealer) and here. This site is an INFORMATION HONEYHOLE! A veritable treasure-trove of knowledge from people all over the world!!! And after reading about GW buttons, hammered pennies, roman coins, the last thing I want to do is find something great and then DESTROY IT!!! That'd be my luck. I'm sure its been covered, but I can't find any advice/facts about cleaning, restoring, and preservation of these awesome pieces that you all find. I watched a vid on you tube, and someone commented that clean-up on old colonial coins/buttons is easier if they aren't allowed to dry with the dirt on. I thought that when an item is recovered, to put it in a bottle half full of demineralized water would help. Is that a bad idea?
Not that here in Michigan I'm going to find any GW buttons or colonial coppers! I am planning a trip to Ct. to visit family soon. This site is so inspiring to read every day!!! Thanks to everyone for their posts!!!
Not that here in Michigan I'm going to find any GW buttons or colonial coppers! I am planning a trip to Ct. to visit family soon. This site is so inspiring to read every day!!! Thanks to everyone for their posts!!!
Oh...you mean your delicate finds......








