How to cut a plug.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good... I think I like the second one better though. No one has ever taught me, and I normally dig a horseshoe style plug, and sit the dirt to the side on the ground until I find the target, then push it all back into the hole with my hand. I guess I need to stop by Wal-mart next time out and pick up a handkerchief or something to transfer the dirt with... thanks! :)

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bran...

Go get a fake chamois , good canvas or light color denim...with two pieces of wood make a dirt holder. I makes it very easy to pour dirt back in the hole. Use a light color fabric so your finds don't hide...

Here is mine...

Got questions PM me...Nick... :thumbsup:

Thanks Nick, I appreciate the tip. Your setup seems pretty efficient!
My post was made last August though.
Since then I've gotten my Ames digging tool, which I've gotten very good at using to cut plugs.
PB_diagram.jpg
I also started using a handkerchief for the dirt transfer; though I do like your idea, and may try to make one sometime.
What helped my plugs the most was my Vibraprobe 570. I don't need to make any holes larger than a few inches at best.
If I do, they're upside down funnels in the ground and completely unnoticeable when filled back in.
It's also helped learning my machine like I have since last Summer. ::)

Oh... I'm not able to PM you, btw.

Bran <><

ResearchandRecovery

Aug 9, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The second video depicts Charles Jones, President of the Metal Detecting Association of the Carolinas. That was shot while in Charleston, SC in January of 2007. One of my old vid's there.. :)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very helpful for the newbe . Now I uderstand why use the handkerchief. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread