What's new

How to get bags?

weighit

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
550
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I've stopped at probably 30 banks and credit unions in the local area and always ask (if they have a coin machine) if I might be able buy the bag from the machine. Not one place said it is possible, as they have to sent the bags to the coin machine people. Any suggestions on how to get around that? I've offered to leave the bag and just dump the coins into a box I carry, or charge me a deposit and I would return the bag, all to no avail. Give me some ideas on how you guys get those bags.
 
Upvote 0
Do you have an account at any of these places? That is what initially worked for me. Once one branch got familiar with what I was doing, they got permission for me at other branches.
 
i dont know...i have the same problem...i too would like advice.
keep it up and hh!
 
I just ask them to give me a call when the bag fills. My bank likes it, it's actually a credit union. When I take the bags off their hands, they don't have to worry about sending it in, when I search it I just dump it at another bank. It works out for the credit union and myself. Maybe try a credit union, I've never actually had a bank do it, I've never tried though.
 
In some States they can't sell you the bags. They have to go to the company.
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom